Four persons including a Rev Minister are currently receiving treatment at the Kibi Government Hospital in the Abuakwa South Municipality of the Eastern Region after surviving an accident on the Accra-Kumasi Highway.
The accident involved four cars: a Toyota Highlander with registration number GS 8462 -Z, a Toyota Hilux with number GM 2480 -14, a Toyota Vitz with number GX 5085 – 20, and a Burkinabe trailer with registration number 11 MJ 0194.
According to preliminary investigations done by personnel from the Kibi MTTD who visited the scene, the Toyota Vitz heading towards Kumasi from Accra – on reaching a section of the highway at Birimso, lost the front tyre at the driver’s side which immediately forced the vehicle to drift.
The trailer and Highlander heading from the opposite side in an attempt to swerve the drifting Vitz, ended up colliding with the Toyota Hilux.
The four, who sustained injuries, were quickly rushed to the Kibi Government Hospital by the National Ambulance Service where they are currently on admission receiving treatment.
The police, who have begun investigations, have arranged for towing trucks to help manage and control the traffic situation on that stretch.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund