Audio By Carbonatix
Angola's justice minister says the country has so far this year recovered more than $5bn (£3.8bn) stolen from the state.
Francisco Queiroz said this included $3bn siphoned off from the sovereign wealth fund.
He said some countries were obstructing Angola's efforts to track down the looted funds.
The son of Angola's former President Jose Eduardo dos Santos, who headed the sovereign wealth fund is on trial for corruption. Jose Filomeno dos Santos denies the charges.
Angolan President Joao Lourenco has vowed to crack down on the country's massive corruption problem.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
We Condemn Publicly. We Download Privately — A Ghanaian Digital Dilemma
24 minutes -
Renaming KIA to Accra International Airport key to reviving national airline – Transport Minister
1 hour -
Interior Minister urges public not to share images of Burkina Faso attack victims
1 hour -
Unknown persons desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
1 hour -
I will tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
2 hours -
Ghana to host high-level national consultative on use of explosive weapons in populated areas
2 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leadership Communication and Alignment
2 hours -
Ace Ankomah writes: Let’s coffee our cocoa: My Sunday morning musings
2 hours -
Real income of cocoa farmers has improved – Agriculture Minister
2 hours -
I’ll tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
2 hours -
Titao attack should be wake-up call for Ghana’s security architecture – Samuel Jinapor
2 hours -
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
2 hours -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
3 hours -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
3 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund begins grassroots field assessment in Volta North, uncovers talent and infrastructure gaps
3 hours
