Audio By Carbonatix
Assistant Superintendent of Police Joseph Abednego Atsha, the investigator in the trial of Michael Nyinaku, CEO of defunct Beige Bank said investigations revealed that a total of ¢21,123,270 out of the ¢320million was transferred to 10 companies and two individuals.
ASP Atsha, who is the fifth Prosecution Witnesses had earlier testified that his investigations revealed that a total of ¢320milion was transferred from the account of various customers of Beige Bank into the account of BCAM and subsequently transferred into the suspicious First Africa Savings and Loans (FASL) account on the instructions of the Nyinaku.
In a further cross-examination by Mr Thadeus Sory, Counsel for Nyinaku of the witness, ASP Atsha indicated that nine out of the 10 companies were owned by the accused person.
Nyinaku, who is facing the charges of stealing ¢340 million allegedly belonging to depositors and money laundering has denied the charges.
The court earlier admitted him to bail in the sum of ¢342 million with two sureties, who are public servants earning not less than GH¢2,000.00.
It further directed the accused to deposit his passport with the Court’s Registry.
The witness said the amounts transferred by the accused to the nine companies are as follows: Alberry- ¢5,240,000, DYI Limited -GHS6,000,000, Legacy Pensions Trust- ¢427,000 and Adelia Limited-GHS1,010,000.
The rest are Beige Academy- ¢250,000, Beige Assur- ¢627,000, Beventure Ltd - ¢1,740,000, Beige Care- ¢392,000 and Beige Capital Limited- ¢2,200,000.
Mr Thadeus Sory tendered various cheque disbursement forms, payment vouchers and cheques through the witness.
The cheque disbursement forms, payment vouchers and cheques revealed that the nine companies disbursed most of the funds they received from the FASL account to third parties and not the Nyinaku.
The witness agreed that the processes leading to the issuance of the cheques were initiated and approved by different officials.
"The payment vouchers were also verified by another official and not the accused person," he added.
Mr Sory suggested to the witness that there was no shred of evidence before the Court which indicated that a pesewa of the funds which was the subject of the stealing charges in Counts one to nine was paid directly to the accused person.
The witness agreed that the nine companies did not disburse the funds they received from the FASL account to the accused person.
However, he said the accused person was charged because he was the owner of nine companies.
The Case was adjourned to for continuation.
Latest Stories
-
Joy Prime to broadcast Mexico vs Ghana friendly match on Saturday, 23rd May at 2am
10 minutes -
PNC National Chairman calls for arrest of NPP Youth Organiser
19 minutes -
Joana Gyan Foundation partners KN Foundation, GFA & PFAG for historic Nsawam Prison outreach
37 minutes -
Chief urges youth to see farming as dignified business, not punishment
44 minutes -
Majority Leader says Ghana is experiencing ‘fastest economic recovery’
49 minutes -
Anlo-Afiadenyigba SHS appeals for constant water supply, security
51 minutes -
‘Stability, credibility and predictability are Ghana’s competitive advantage’ – Ambassador Victor Smith
54 minutes -
NAIMOS arrests Chinese national, 7 Ghanaians in Ashanti Illegal Mining crackdown
58 minutes -
Three including a baby killed in multi-vehicle crash on Kasoa-Winneba Highway
1 hour -
Wontumi denies authorising illegal mining on Akonta concession
1 hour -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, calls for urgent environmental action
1 hour -
TMA holds first ordinary meeting, discusses development, challenges, progress
1 hour -
PAC calls for closure of livestock market near the national mosque
1 hour -
Security agencies don’t need my permission to arrest you – Speaker Bagbin to MPs
1 hour -
Ghana and Togo strengthen cooperation on security, trade and regional development
1 hour