Audio By Carbonatix
The Bono East Regional Police Command says it has restored calm in Kwame Danso, in the Sene West District, after a violent attack on both the District Court and the District Police Headquarters on Wednesday, December 10.
According to police officials, the disturbances began in the late morning and involved a large group of young people storming the court while proceedings were underway.
Police reports indicate that at about 10:30 a.m., an estimated 100 youths besieged the court premises, disrupting an active session.

The group vandalised furniture and equipment and forcibly took away two accused persons who were standing trial.
They also reportedly assaulted the complainant in the case. “The youth damaged items on sight and posed a threat to everyone present,” a police source said.
The violence later spread to the Kwame Danso Police Headquarters, where two officers on duty were attacked as the mob vandalised parts of the station.
Reinforcement teams from the Atebubu Division, supported by a detachment of the Formed Police Units (FPUs), were quickly deployed to restore order.
Their arrival helped stabilise the situation and disperse the crowd.
Following instructions from the Inspector-General of Police, the Kwame Danso Police Station and the District Police Headquarters have been temporarily shut down.
Officers previously stationed there have been reassigned to other parts of the region.
“This measure is to ensure the safety of personnel while investigations continue,” the Command noted.
The Bono East Regional Police Command has assured the public that all individuals involved in the attacks will be tracked down and prosecuted.
“Perpetrators will be identified, arrested, and made to face the full consequences of the law,” ASP/Mr Appiah Danquah, Acting Public Relations Officer for the region, stated.
“We remain committed to maintaining peace and protecting the community.”
Latest Stories
-
Trade Ministry prepares for US Chamber of Commerce Trade Mission
15 minutes -
We have all seen it – Kwakye Ofosu confirms early race to replace Mahama
25 minutes -
One dead, several injured in head-on crash on Wenchi-Subinso road
39 minutes -
FABAG backs GSA fight against ‘unjustified’ port charges
54 minutes -
Manasseh Azure Awuni: President Mahama, I feel ashamed
1 hour -
GNFS responds to diesel tanker accident at Asuboi, no casualties recorded
1 hour -
Charles Amissah’s family sues 3 hospitals, doctors and AG, seeks GH¢20m compensation
1 hour -
Ghana signs MOU with ‘Google for Education’ to strengthen digital literacy
1 hour -
Ghana’s economic activity strengthens, but business confidence eases to 12.6% – BoG
1 hour -
Galamsey: Ahafo Security Council disbands illegal mining site, seizes five excavators
1 hour -
GSA and German partners distribute calibrated scales to traders in Techiman
2 hours -
National Peace Council urges calm over rising political tensions
2 hours -
Ghana reaffirms commitment to peaceful cross-border governance and integration
2 hours -
‘I don’t see any faction amongst us’ – Bawumia urges unity in NPP
2 hours -
Mobile Money transactions hit GH¢493.2bn in April 2026 – BoG
2 hours