Some residents of Aboabo in the Asokore Mampong municipality have expressed their resolve to resist attempts by politicians to use them for parochial gains.
They say the youth in the area remain jobless and in poverty despite sacrificing their lives for politicians.
This was made known during a health walk to launch the Aboabo Homecoming event.
The residents walked through the principal streets of Aboabo amidst singing and dancing to launch the homecoming event.
Over the years, Aboabo in Kumasi has been in the news for negative reasons, especially, political violence.
Politicians take advantage of the joblessness and low level of education of the youth to indulge them in all forms of dubious activities.
The youth are not happy with the high level of poverty and poor spate of development in the community.
“Aboabo is poverty prone area and we lack education, so you hardly see a graduate in Aboabo for the past 10years until recently we have been able to come out with some graduates who are occupying positions in current administration.
“People find it difficult to survive in the community so they do all sort of crimes just to survive though not deliberate but out of poverty, those of us who are educated will change the narrative,” they observed
To change the narrative, leadership of the youth both local and diaspora have teamed to offer skills training to the unemployed youth.
Community leaders have started advocacy on the importance of education and the need shun the negative drive of politicians.
They want the government to prioritize job creation which is threatening the security of the nation.
:” the problem has always been the same, all the youth need is job, so we are appealing to the government to make jobs available to the youth to reduce crime”.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- ECG building dockets on those who have stolen power – Samuel Mahama
- Digitalisation to help reduce ECG’s commercial losses – Samuel Mahama
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards