American rapper Birdman will executive produce ‘Tazmanian Devil’, a coming-of-age film based on a Nigerian immigrant.
Nollywood movies will be the debut feature from Nigerian-American filmmaker, Solomon Onita Jr.
With Abraham Attah from the ‘Beast of No Nation’ playing the lead role, Benny Boom of Groundwurk Studios, will also partner as executive producer on the project.
Speaking on the project, Benny Boom said, “I have been creating visuals for Cash Money artists for decades, and I am excited about this next phase of our collaboration.
“Bryan ‘Birdman’ Williams has supported me since my first years directing, and this joint venture is a natural business and creative transition – the first of many.”
‘Tazmanian Devil’ follows Dayo, a 19-year-old immigrant (Attah) who, after moving to the US, struggles to bond with his estranged father, who abandoned his family to become a missionary.
When he joins a college fraternity, he is challenged by his father, leaving him in search of his own moral ground.
Attah will be joined by Adepero Oduye (Pariah, When They See Us), who plays his mother and Nater Guma Mbaho Mwime (Queen of Katwe, The Chi), who plays his deeply religious father.
No official release date has been revealed, but the film is currently post-production.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- We need a national discussion on how to make Ghana’s debt sustainable – Ato Forson
- Morocco issues first cannabis production permits
- Ukraine’s uphill battle to gain Africa’s support
- Victims of human trafficking need adequate information on the issue – Media consultant
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable -Dr. Acheampong
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Scientists, policy makers to benefit from KNUST’s Building Stronger Universities project
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line in the sea for 9 years
- We are determined to build trustworthy and robust institutions – Chief Justice assures
- B. A. Mensah: Ghanaians are about to get a break from the fuel crisis
- Playback: PM Express discusses Ghana’s unsustainable debt levels and impact on IMF negotiations
- I will deal with government officials found complicit in galamsey activities – Akufo-Addo
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu, Bessa Simons, Spiky, others confirmed as speakers for 2022 Ghana DJ Clinic
- Nigerian singer Asa threatens Joeboy with copyright lawsuit, demands ₦300m