The Ghana Highway Authority (GHA) says it has temporarily opened the south-bound lane on the Aburi – Accra road from the Peduase Lodge to Ayi Mensah to vehicular movement.
The decision which it says was influenced in part by the festive season takes effect from December 28.
“The Ghana Highway Authority wishes to inform the general public, especially motorist using the Aburi Road that, the South-bound lane; Peduase to Ayi Mensah section which was closed to the public due to slopes failure is OPENED for use during this festive season from Saturday 28th December 2019 to 30th January 2020,” the statement said.
Police announced the closure of the road in October 2019 following a landslide.
This was after Motorists got stranded after a heavy downpour.
Videos circulated on social media show motorists struggling to navigate the road that connects the Eastern Region to Accra.
In a post on its official Facebook page, the Ghana Police Service explained that the closure of the road was to prevent casualties.
“Police Highway and NADMO [National Disaster Management Organisation] are at the scene,” the post added.
- 9 Nigerians arrested for illegally entering Ghana after crossing Volta River
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
Covid-19: If you miss 8-week window for 2nd jab, your protection isn’t gone – GHS on delay in vaccine procurement
Enforce law allows for unexplained wealth to be questioned – Prof Adei
Nobody can dictate to the media what to publish – Oppong Nkrumah
Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
Apostle Adjei’s case against EC boss adjourned to May 17
Drama as KiDi clashes with lookalike on live TV
2021 Imola GP: 5 Things We Learned
Kuami Eugene reacts after KiDi said his communication is poor
Egg vendors in Kumasi lament about poor quality and sizes of eggs on the market
Kuami Eugene describes critics of his attire during Range Rover presentation as shallow
Jobberman Ghana stirs initiative to enable SMEs hire the right way
‘Securing NDC’s Future’ forum alien to party executives – Peter Otokunor
Chief Justice set to establish tax court to help GRA prosecute defaulters
Ghanaian women stranded in Saudi Arabia call on Akufo-Addo for help
Gyakie’s ‘Forever’ at number 3 on Billboard Top Triller Chart