The Managing Director of the Agricultural Development Bank, Dr. John Kofi Mensah has been honoured as the Public Sector Chief Executive Officer at the 4th Edition of the Ghana Business Awards held at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel in Accra.
Dr. Kofi Mensah was awarded for transforming the Agricultural Development Bank Limited (ADB) from a loss making bank in 2015-16 to a now profit making bank with a strong balance sheet and also refocusing the bank to its core mandate of agricultural financing.
In all 65 Companies, Individuals and Institutions both public and private received recognition for their excellent performance and impact on the socio-economic development of the country.
Aside the award to the Dr. Kofi Mensah, ADB also won the award for Corporate Social Responsibility Company of the year jointly with Vodafone Ghana Limited.
The award was also in recognition of the bank’s continuous sponsorship of the National Best Farmer awards and other Corporate Social Responsibilities activities.
Commenting on the awards, the Managing Director dedicated both awards to the bank’s customers whose loyalty and confidence has kept it in business.
“We dedicate the awards to our loyal customers who have been with us even in difficult times and have positively contributed to the current positive trajectory of the bank”, he said.
In its 4th edition, the Ghana Business Awards is a prestigious programme that recognises and rewards excellence across all sectors in Ghana.
The award provides a platform to recognize individuals and companies that play a significant role in the growth and development of their business sector while recognising the key functions that promote growth and sustainability.
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Ketu North: Re-run parliamentary primary to avert apathy – Group to NDC
- 3-year IMF deal not enough – Finance Expert
- ECG intensifies revenue mobilisation exercise in Volta and Oti Regions
- Nigeria MPs want $25bn spent to fix refineries probed
- ‘I will do everything for Treble’ – Erling Haaland
- Referee Anthony Taylor attacked by Roma fans [VIDEO]
- World Hunger Day: Government urged to encourage science, technology and innovation in agriculture
- Today’s front pages: Friday, June 2, 2023
- World Bank: Ghana likely to receive first tranche of $300 million by September if … – Frank Laporte
- Man slashes wife for asking for divorce
- How gun violence is reshaping American lives
- Police arrest three persons, pursuing others in connection with attacks on Mempeasem and Lukula communities in Savannah region
- Hohoe Astroturf stadium 85% complete – Site Manager
- Hypertension in pregnancy could lead to premature delivery