Ghana’s sole agriculture bank, the Agricultural Development Bank, has begun recording consistent growth in profit as earnings went up by about 80% year-on-year to ¢55.7 million in the first half of this year.
This resulted in earnings per share (EPS) inching up by about 138.6% to 21.29 pesewas. During the same period last year, EPS was 8.92 pesewas.
According to unaudited half-year results, the impressive growth was occasioned by significant growth in net fees and commission and net interest income as well as reduction in Non-Preforming Loans.
Importantly, net fees and commission and net interest income grew by 51.4% and 26.1% to ¢45 million and ¢239 million respectively in June 2021.
ADB had benefited from capital injection from the Ghana Amalgamated Trust to turn around its fortunes.
With regard to the balance sheet, the balance sheet size surpassed ¢11 billion to ¢11.34 billion at the end of June this year. Total assets stood at ¢6.12 billion, whilst total liabilities was ¢5.2 billion in the first six months of 2021.
Shareholders’ funds also stood at ¢906.3 million in June 2021, higher than the ¢824.8 million recorded during the same period last year.
In terms of the stability of the bank, ADB recorded a liquidity ratio of 112%, whilst Non-Performing Loans dropped from 32.94% in the first quarter of this year to 31.80% in June 2020. Capital Adequacy Ratio however was still low at 13.31%.
Financial Soundness Indicators
|June 2021||March 2021|
|Capital Adequacy Ratio 13.31%||13.92%|
|Non-Performing Loans 31.80%||32.94%|
|Liquid Ratio 112%||144.98%|
- 3 ECG employees charged for stealing ¢2.1m prepaid credits
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- No one from Ghana’s film industry approached me while I was here – Spike Lee
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- Beige Bank collapse: Witness accuses Nyinaku of taking bank’s US$200,000 illegally
- Green Sports Academy wishes Isaac Dogboe well ahead of WBO featherweight title fight
- Dogboe v Ramirez – Dogboe’ s trainer chasing history
- Donald Trump indictment: Ex-US president to be charged over hush money
- WMO retires deadly cyclone Fiona and Ian from list of names
- 5 member committee investigating Kejetia Market fire starts with fact-finding mission
- UBA Ghana holds first quarter ‘Jogging To Bond’
- Playback: PM Express discuss how to restore capital market after DDEP
- Kuami Eugene offers budding musicians tips for Joy Prime’s ‘Cues & Lyrics’ audition
- Mercy Chinwo threatens musician with ₦2bn lawsuit after he used her name in song
- Mastercard Foundation Health Collaborative allocates $1 million for prospective entrepreneurs
- We’ll pay outstanding debt despite inheriting it – Electrochem
- Lawyer for Jonathan Majors shares alleged texts from woman involved in actor’s assault arrest
- Inaki is not scoring for Ghana because he plays with a No.10 who loves to score – Ignatius Osei Fosu
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns