Novak Djokovic defeated Denis Shapovalov 6-3 6-4 to reach the Adelaide International semi-finals where he will face Daniil Medvedev.
Djokovic, 35, will meet Medvedev after the Russian came through his last eight match with Karen Khachanov 6-3 6-3.
The pair last met in November with Djokovic victorious in the final of the Nitto ATP Finals event.
Adelaide is Djokovic’s first tournament in Australia since he was deported in 2022 because of his vaccine status.
So far, his progress in the tournament has been serene and he has yet to drop a set across three matches, 23-year-old Canadian Shapovalov the latest to be overcome as Djokovic prepares for the Australian Open which starts on 16 January.
The Serb will target a 10th title – and record-equalling 22nd overall Grand Slam success – at the opening Grand Slam of the year after the Australian government overturned the his visa ban.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Ghanaians are not go-getters compared to Nigerians – Oscar Bimpong
- Reports that banks are facing insolvency risk over DDE malicious – Ghana Association of Banks
- Re: Banks facing insolvency risks on debt exchange programme
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Free SHS: Holistic approach to teaching and learning needed to sustain quality
- US commits $100m to help combat terrorism in coastal West Africa