President Akufo-Addo, has congratulated the newly-elected President of Kenya, William Ruto, on his victory in the just ended presidential elections of 9th August 2022.
Whilst congratulating President-elect Ruto on his victory, as well as the Kenyan people for “their fortitude and maturity”, President Akufo-Addo expressed his delight at the peaceful atmosphere in which the elections were held.
“I am delighted that your long years of meritorious service as a stalwart politician in Kenya will be useful to you, as you take on the onerous responsibilities that come with your new office”, the President told his Kenyan counterpart.
He noted that the success of the 2022 election is yet another milestone in the pursuit of “our common aspiration” for democratic governance, rule of law and the inclusive participation of Ghanaians and Kenyans in the governance process of the two countries on the continent.
“I look forward to working with you to champion the cause of our continent, and to strengthen further the historical bonds of friendship and co-operation that happily exist between our two countries and peoples,” President Akufo-Addo added.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- All Agenda 111 hospitals cannot be completed by 2024 – NPP MP
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- IMF is getting cold feet on deal with Ghana – Ricketts-Hagan alleges
- Debt Exchange: Do not touch our pensions – TUC warns government
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Man jailed 21 years for shooting Lady Gaga’s dog walker
- Biography of Prof. Justice Henrietta Mensa-Bonsu to be launched in Accra
- Fifa opens disciplinary proceedings against Uruguay FA and four players after Ghana clash
- No more airplane mode – EU to allow calls on flights
- Huawei equips 500 traders with Financial Technology￼
- UK consumers tighten belts before Christmas as cost of living bites
- So many people in Ghana camp at the World Cup may have been a distraction – Osei Owusu Bempah
- 9 drown during baptism ceremony in Johannesburg
- ‘It is injurious to pension contributors’ – Chamber of Corporate Trustees reject Debt Exchange programme
- Schoolgirl killed in knife attack in Germany
- Withdraw inclusion of pension funds from debt exchange programme – Nurses and Midwives to government
- YEA increases monthly allowances for Community Protection Assistants
- Agric Minister begins tour of Northern Ghana
- Don’t always go after white collar jobs, venture into farming – Asantehene tells youth, traditional leaders