President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has wished all Muslims in Ghana and around the world best of the season on the commencement of this year’s Ramadan fast.
The Islamic community in Ghana began their month-long fast on Sunday after the National Chief Imam, Shiekh Osmanu Nuhu Sharubutu, declared April 3, as the start date for the 2022 Ramadan.
In a message posted on Facebook, Sunday, the President urged Muslims to commit to the essence of the period.
“It is a month of intense devotion and commitment to the principles of love, sacrifice, and devotion to duty.
“I urge Muslims to strive to live by these values, and cloak the month of Ramadan in sanctity and holiness,” he said.
Ramadan is the holiest month in the Islamic calendar for fasting, prayer, and introspection.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Livestream: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue
- We need to continue pressing for information – Prof Gadzekpo urges public
- Proposals for selecting leaders of NDC Minority Caucus was ignored – Haruna Iddrisu
- Lack of affirmative action cause of lopsided nature of Parliament – Prof. Audrey Sitsofe Gadzekpo
- I can’t wait to get started – Antoine Semenyo after completing Bournemouth move
- Lynx Entertainment signees ‘BDSM’ thrill patrons at Coming Soon EP release party