The Yendi MP has appealed to the Morocco Ambassador to Ghana, Imane Quaadil to facilitate an arrangement to expose the vast investment opportunities in Yendi to the business community of Morocco.
According to Farouk Aliu Mahama, “Yendi is a commercial hub endowed with vast resources, including vast arable lands for agriculture, skilled youth, mineral wealth, human resources, tourism, and arts and culture.
“It has one of the best cereals and tuber produce which can meet the interest of investors from Morocco and other parts of the world”.
He made the call at the Skills Exhibition Fair held in Yendi as part of the official visit by the Morocco Ambassador to Ghana.
The exhibition is a prelude to a planned establishment of a state-of-the-art skills development centre in Yendi by the MP and the Moroccan Embassy in Ghana for the transfer of knowledge, skills and exchange of technical cooperation.
Alhaji Aliu Mahama who is also the Board Chairman of the Ghana Integrated Iron and Steel Development Corporation, said Yendi and its environs host a large percentage of iron ore in commercial quantity, ready to be harnessed to create the needed employment opportunities for the hardworking youth of Ghana and to boost the industrialisation drive of the government.
He expressed confidence that the bond between Yendi and the people of Morocco would explore issues of mutual interest such as sustainable agriculture, skills development, education, essential minerals, human resource, tourism, arts and culture among others.
The Ambassador said Ghana and Morocco have come a long way and that she would ensure that the Moroccan business community take advantage of the business opportunities Ghana is endowed with, especially the Yendi Constituency.
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Security experts advise risk assessment to avert reprisals at Kofrom
- Schools in Tema yet to receive JHS Two textbooks – GNAT
- Use Mid-Year Budget Review to cut expenditure to complement DDEP – Prof. Mensah
- ‘It’s time to turn the chapter’ – Kamaldeen Sulemana on Southampton move
- Boomplay to celebrate African Music Excellence at the 65th Grammys with free subscription
- Apple sales in biggest fall since 2019
- Krachi East: 600 NPP delegates declare support for Bawumia
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Gunmen kill police chief, 7 others in central Nigeria
- 8 best educational shows for kids of all ages
- Court grants bail to 30 ‘commercial sex’ accused persons; 4 cautioned
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Ecobank wins Best Place to Work in Africa 2022 Award
- Nick Kyrgios admits assaulting ex-girlfriend but avoids conviction
- Uganda’s central bank asks investors to switch bonds due April