Audio By Carbonatix
Former Deputy Attorney-General and Minister for Justice, Dr Dominic Ayine, has added his voice to calls for John Mahama to be pronounced unopposed as the NDC's 2024 flagbearer.
According to him, anyone who is elected as NDC flagbearer will be running on the record of Mr. Mahama, hence, the former President "should be allowed to run on his own record".
Speaking on Newsfile on Saturday, the Bolgatanga East MP indicated that Mahama has a towering record above all the other NDC flagbearer aspirants.
This he noted is an indication of his ability to run a more successful campaign in the NDC's quest to win the 2024 general election.
The comments by the lawmaker adds to the mammoth support that has so far been shown to John Mahama following his decision to contest the 2024 presidential polls.
Earlier, a former Greater Accra Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Joseph Ade Coker, called on the party’s flagbearer aspirants to allow John Mahama to go unopposed.
According to him, the former President is the only aspirant with the ability to help the NDC recapture power, hence should not be distracted.
Speaking on Accra-based Atinka TV, on Thursday, he said Mahama deserves a popular acclamation and not a contest; adding that the other aspirants can launch their presidential ambitions later.
The NDC will hold its presidential and parliamentary primaries on Saturday, May 13 to elect a new flagbearer as well as parliamentary candidates across the various constituencies.
Meanwhile, the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) says it is prepared to face former President John Dramani Mahama, following his decision to contest the 2024 presidential election.
Addressing a press conference on Wednesday, the NPP’s Director of Communication, Richard Ahiagbah, said his outfit is not intimidated by Mahama’s intentions.
According to him, Mr Mahama did not give a good account of himself while in office, but rather subjected Ghanaians to untold hardship; including the one-time power fluctuations, termed ‘dumsor’.
Latest Stories
-
The Galamsey war and GWL’s fictitious and inaccurate rebuttal
3 minutes -
Afenyo-Markin demands answers over alleged GH¢22bn GoldBod loss
4 minutes -
GoldBod ‘Losses’: We’re not ignorant, we know our job – Afenyo-Markin
7 minutes -
GoldBod cannot hide behind agency role to escape accountability – Afenyo-Markin
18 minutes -
‘You don’t get to keep the fees and disown the costs’ – Afenyo-Markin challenges GoldBod
22 minutes -
GNPC turns 40, targets oil production recovery and $3.5bn fresh investment
32 minutes -
Minority will speak boldly on GoldBod losses despite attacks – Afenyo-Markin vows
37 minutes -
Moody’s upgrades EBID rating to B1, citing stronger finances and shareholder support
46 minutes -
GoldBod cannot make losses trading gold – Afenyo-Markin
54 minutes -
Papaye, KFC and Pizzaman customers among most targeted as TrustGH uncovers nearly 1,000 scam numbers cloning Google business profiles of major food chains
1 hour -
2026 U20 WWC: ‘We are in a tough group’ – Black Princesses’ Linda Owusu Ansah
1 hour -
2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland
2 hours -
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
2 hours -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
2 hours -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
2 hours