Audio By Carbonatix
The Minister of Sports and Recreation, Kofi Adams, says he won't be surprised to see Andre Ayew included in Ghana's squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
The NAC Breda forward has not played for the Black Stars since the March 2024 friendly games against Nigeria and Uganda.
Since then, the 36-year-old has been left out of Ghana's squad on several occasions, including qualifiers for the Africa Cup of Nations, as well as qualifiers for the World Cup.
The former Le Havre attacker joined NAC Breda in January after being out of contract at the end of last season.
"Dede Ayew, too, is picking up, and as long as he has not retired, I won't be surprised if he makes it into the [2026 World Cup] squad," Adams said on Adom FM.
Ayew has started the last three games for NAC Breda in the Eredivisie as he chases a first goal since joining the Dutch club.
Latest Stories
-
2026 Legacy Expo to reposition Africa’s beauty and wellness economy
7 minutes -
TDC, GIADEC and ARISE IIP establish special-purpose company to drive Tema Industrial Park project
17 minutes -
Ablakwa clarifies South Africa evacuation reports, assures support for all Ghanaians
21 minutes -
Today’s Front pages: Friday, May 22, 2026
37 minutes -
Africa urged to overhaul climate finance rules and regulations to unlock investment
58 minutes -
Joy Prime to broadcast Mexico vs Ghana friendly match on Saturday, 23rd May at 2am
2 hours -
PNC National Chairman calls for arrest of NPP Youth Organiser
2 hours -
Joana Gyan Foundation partners KN Foundation, GFA & PFAG for historic Nsawam Prison outreach
2 hours -
Chief urges youth to see farming as dignified business, not punishment
2 hours -
Majority Leader says Ghana is experiencing ‘fastest economic recovery’
2 hours -
Anlo-Afiadenyigba SHS appeals for constant water supply, security
2 hours -
‘Stability, credibility and predictability are Ghana’s competitive advantage’ – Ambassador Victor Smith
2 hours -
NAIMOS arrests Chinese national, 7 Ghanaians in Ashanti Illegal Mining crackdown
2 hours -
Three including a baby killed in multi-vehicle crash on Kasoa-Winneba Highway
3 hours -
Wontumi denies authorising illegal mining on Akonta concession
3 hours