The Bogoso Community on Monday received various food items from Business magnate Ibrahim Mahama following the Apeatse explosion that left the town devastated.
Mr Mahama has also pledged to help rebuild the community by supporting them with Dzata Cement.
The presentation was done on behalf of Mr Ibrahim Mahama by the General Manager of Engineers & Planners, Tarkwa Mines, Daniel Tweneboah.
The items include bags of rice, boxes of mackerel and cooking oil.
The Chief Executive of Engineers & Planners dispatched the donation to the victims of last Thursday’s explosion at Bogoso-Appiate, a gold mining community in the Western Region on Sunday.
The items arrived in Bogosu on Monday morning. Mr Ibrahim Mahama pledged to support the rebuilding of the Apeatse community when the time is due.
Presenting the items on behalf of Mr Mahama to the NADMO Coordinator, Daniel Tweneboah said, “the relief items is to help alleviate the devastating effect of the tragedy on the community”.
Receiving the items on behalf of the community, Francis Abeiku Yankah, the coordinator of the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) for Prestea Huni-Valley district expressed gratitude to Mr Mahama for coming to their aide at this crucial time.
The chiefs and the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for Prestea-Huni Valley, Dr Isaac Dasmani also thanked Mr Mahama for coming to the aide of the community.
He said, this will put smiles on the faces of those affected by last Thursday explosion.
- Accra floods twice in four days after another downpour
- Photos: Part of Accra-Tema Beach Road caves in after Monday night rains
- Sir John did not declare his assets
- Be circumspect about Sir John’s will; none of us will live to be stones – Former Aide
- ‘Deem Sir John’s alleged land ownership at Achimota Forest, Ramsar Site void’ – Jinapor directs Lands, Forestry Commissions
- Photos: Floods cause severe damage to parts of Accra
- Lands Commission flood: Your land documents are intact – Deputy Lands Minister assures
- 16-year-old girl stabbed to death in a fight over alleged boyfriend
- Man arrested for trying to cut off taxi driver’s genitals
- Ghanaians are oblivious of dangers of terrorism – Dr. Vladimir Antwi-Danso
Minority in Parliament demands public inquiry into declassification of Achimota Forest
NPP UK Branch elects new executives
There’s no pressure on me to release hit songs — Black Sherif
Premier League approves Chelsea takeover deal by Todd Boehly consortium
Don’t be local champions — Camidoh advises artistes
Memorial lecture to be held in honour of Kojo Bentsi-Enchill Letsa
South Africans in shock over death of ‘Rhythm City’ actor Jamie Bartlett
Patapaa’s marriage to German wife, Liha Miller, reportedly hits rocks
I want to marry urgently — Actress Eucharia Anunobi
Lands Minister, Forestry Commission must appear before Parliament over Achimota Forest controversy – Alhassan Suhuyini
Francis Amuzu reveals why he would play for Belgium ahead of Ghana
OccupyGhana commends Land Minister but demands commission of inquiry into Achimota Forest lands controversy
Landslide scare hits residents around Weija-Kasoa ridge
Special Prosecutor charges failed Juaben MCE nominee with 26 counts of corruption
Lack of law enforcement to blame for poor planning, land use by local assemblies – Legal Practitioner