Audio By Carbonatix
Apple on Friday released a website and an iOS app that allows users to screen themselves for coronavirus symptoms, marking another response to the pandemic by a major tech platform.
Both tools were developed in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as the White House's Coronavirus Task Force and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Apple said in a statement to CNN Business. The app and website include a questionnaire and information about the novel coronavirus.
Apple said it will not collect or store users' answers to the questionnaire, though it will collect anonymous information about usage of the tools.The screening tools do not require an Apple account to use, the company said.

Friday's announcement follows statements by CEO Tim Cook that Apple will be donating 10 million face masks across Europe and the United States.
"Our ops teams are helping to find and purchase masks from our supply chain in coordination with governments around the world," Cook tweeted this week.
It also comes on the heels of a nationwide website launched by Google last week to provide users with information about the coronavirus. The website was expected to add links to a CDC screening tool when it became available; a Google spokesperson didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
Latest Stories
-
Kenyan court rules parts of law criminalising consensual sex between adolescents invalid
3 minutes -
I brag to my colleagues about being a graduate – Davido
12 minutes -
I used to run to Don Jazzy’s room to cry during hard times – Tiwa Savage
22 minutes -
Nigerian music stars, Wizkid, Asake, Tems and Burna Boy nominated for 2026 BET Awards
32 minutes -
Wizkid becomes first African artiste to hit 11 billion Spotify streams
42 minutes -
At Cannes, Almodovar says artists have duty to speak out against ‘monsters’ like Trump
51 minutes -
As cocoa prices melt down, real chocolate is making a comeback
1 hour -
UK agrees £3.7bn trade deal with six Gulf states
1 hour -
SpaceX aims for 10,000 annual launches within five years, FAA says
1 hour -
Prince-Osei Owusu nominated for MLS All-Star Game after Montreal Player of the Month award
3 hours -
AFCON U-17: Black Starlets beat South Africa 3-1 but await CAF draw of lots to determine fate
3 hours -
TikTok and YouTube ‘not safe enough’ for kids, says Ofcom
4 hours -
Samsung strike on hold – but the fight isn’t over yet. Why?
4 hours -
US charges Cuba’s Raúl Castro with murder over 1996 downing of two planes
4 hours -
A time will come they must step aside – Kwakye Ofosu warns ambitious appointees
4 hours