Audio By Carbonatix
The National Board for Small Scale Industries (NBSSI) Executive Director has clarified that applying for government’s stimulus package under the Coronavirus Alleviation Programme (CAP) is absolutely free.
Kosi Yankey Ayeh in an interview on JoyNews’ AM Show Tuesday noted that during the application period, people, particularly, in the rural parts of the country were duped to pay an amount of money in order to apply.
This, she stressed, is unacceptable, since her outfit has not designated any middlemen or agents to assist potential applicants with their applications.
“One of the major challenge was that there was a lot of people thinking that you have to pay, so in certain districts and towns, people were paying to get access.
“People were being told that ‘if you pay I will take you directly to the CEO if not, I will take out of the system’ and all of that are fraudulent and that is why I keep saying that this process is absolutely free,” she emphasised.
She, however, added that, “If you have challenges you can go to our business advisory centre [in the various districts] for assistance.”
Kosi Yankey Ayeh also complained about the numerous fraudulent applications that were detected during the process.
This, according to her, was unpatriotic since, in the time of emergency, where certain businesses had been badly affected by the pandemic others were trying to use crook means to make money.
“You will be amazed the number of letters we get in day from enterprise owners talking about some of the fraudulent activities.
“We have had to bring in national securities and the BNI at some point to take a look at certain situations that have come up. Eventually, some people have been arrested in certain regions and districts,” she said.
Latest Stories
-
Dozens of romance scammers arrested after specialist fraud squad investigation in UK, Nigeria
2 hours -
Ghana to bid farewell to Aps Kwadwo Safo as funeral rites set for July 30
2 hours -
Son of Mango boss arrested over father’s fatal fall from cliff
2 hours -
Video: Moment Arsenal squad found out they were Premier League 2025/26 champions
2 hours -
Starbucks Korea sacks CEO over controversial ‘Tank Day’ promotion
2 hours -
Google to release first smart glasses since Google Glass flop
3 hours -
Two-time winner Alcaraz out of Wimbledon with injury
3 hours -
GSA shuts down 5A Homes for allegedly producing substandard mattresses
3 hours -
Heads of SHSs cite Buffer Stock Company over missing cost details of food supplies
3 hours -
Gov’t breached oil fund law for 5 years, kept $100m cap instead of $584m – PIAC report
3 hours -
Buffer Stock Company says SHS food prices are agreed by stakeholders, denies lack of transparency
3 hours -
Future Athletics stars ready to shine at UG Invitational meet
3 hours -
Asantewaa Empowerment Initiative launches campaign against drug abuse and teenage pregnancy in Juaben
3 hours -
Guardiola is Ferguson of his generation – Rooney
3 hours -
PAC orders Anlo-Afiadanyigba SHS to pay GH₵10k arrears to casual workers
3 hours