Greater Accra’s new city, Appolonia City says it is increasing local content participation in its infrastructure projects.
The initiative will build the capacity and expertise of local contractors and vendors, provide more jobs and positively impact economic activities in the local Appolonia community.
The scale of work the initiative covers includes the construction of roads, buildings, installation of streetlights, water pipes, landscaping and other civil works.
According to Appolonia City’s CEO, Bright Owusu-Amofah, the city currently has more than 15 local contractors working on utility and construction projects.
“Appolonia City, as Greater Accra’s new city, is fully committed to growing Ghana’s human resource potential, especially in real estate. We expect this to have a multiplier economic effect and contribute to increasing standards in the industry,” he added.
Appolonia City’s Utilities Manager, Adamu Ben-Mahmoud, commented: “Our ambition is to deliver more than 30,000 quality new homes.
The number of residents at Appolonia City is expected to grow exponentially this year, and we welcome contractorsor service providers to pre-qualify their firms with us.”
Appolonia City’s parent company, Rendeavour, is investing more than $250 million over the lifetime of the project to create a live, work and play master-planned environment away from the congestion of the main city centre.
Appolonia City is a partnership between Rendeavour and the chiefs and the people of Appolonia.
- CCTV footage shows final moment of student-journalist who was killed in a hotel
- Armed robbers kill police officer, eyewitness and injure bullion van driver at James Town
- We’ll stop escorting your cash if you don’t acquire armoured bullion vans – IGP warns banks
- Nkrumah was playful, not a dictator – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
- Government to borrow ¢2.9bn in fresh funds between June and August 2021
- Bullion van attack at James Town: IGP directs CID to take over investigation
- GPL: Asante Kotoko beat Inter Allies in five-goal thriller
- Behind the scenes: Stephen Appiah and Laryea Kingston when #EurosOnMGL cameras are off
- Former dance champion, Alex Ofori, dead
- Bankers Association to hold emergency meeting over carting of currencies across country
Ghana complete Asian tour with no wins after South Korea defeat
Tracey Boakye holds plush birthday party for 1-year-old daughter; showers cash on her
Say it right: ‘Request’ not ‘request for’
Police should step up their game in retrieval of unlicensed firearms – Accra Mayor after bullion van attack
“Concerned Staff of GCB” publication on bad corporate governance and others, false, malicious – GCB Bank
Driver of GNPC boss loses wife in attack by gunmen in Kumasi
Euros On MGL: Hungary v Portugal betting preview
Ghana, Kenya to facilitate inter-regional trade
Execute prisoners who have been sentenced to death – Deputy A-G designate
Ecobank Ghana pledges support for women in agriculture
13-year-boy kills 2 bandits who kidnapped him
John Boadu petitions CID over alleged involvement in ‘galamsey’
14-year-old storms police station to report father for rape
Strikes work, it is a very strong tool – Ofosu Asamoah
Lawyer for Achimota Rasta students resigns from NDC