#FixTheCountry campaign started a year ago on social media when the youth complained about the hardship of the country.
The agitations, however, subsided after the protestors carried out a massive demonstration in the principal streets of Accra on Wednesday, August 4, 2021.
They asked government among other things to provide realistic and sustainable solutions to issues concerning unemployment, hike in fuel prices, utility bills, food and rent.
Are you happy in the country? #FixTheCountry— Dr. Sneaker Nyame (Best Shoe Plug) (@SneakerNyame_) May 10, 2022
A year on, some youth are back wondering if government bothered to address their concerns.
Taking it to their various timelines, the social media users highlighted the same issues they complained about the same year.
See how the country make hard. We’ve given Ghanaian politicians everything. Just look at how juicy their emoluments are. They’re comfortable and lack nothing. Is it too much for citizens to ask them to do their jobs? Just do your jobs! Should we beg?— Emmanuel Ayamga (@EmmanuelAyamga_) May 10, 2022
Ghana’s economical numbers have not been it best in recent times.
A cedi is depreciating to the dominant currencies at a fast pace. Similarly, there has been a hike in fuel prices with a litre of diesel selling at ₵10.
Many economists have expressed worry that the country’s economy is on the verge of collapse if proper interventions are not implemented as soon as possible.
This is the time we need the #FixTheCountry demonstration— Snr 🥰😋taxcorh✌️ (@snrtaxcorh) May 10, 2022
But they are know where to be found
@NAkufoAddo The country hard ooooo. We beg you #FixTheCountry— Maryam🦋❤️ (@MayaCarter55) May 10, 2022
Bro I came to Ghana and saw it myself. The country hard make nobody lie you everything has gone up. Something must be done chale #FixTheCountry.— Sharyf🦁 (@__Sharyf) May 10, 2022
Chale we dey die. We just paid an over 40% increment in lorry fare just overnight. Chale wah dey go on? #FixTheCountry— trigga (iphone pluggg) (@gyimi_saa) May 10, 2022
Where is the Lie? Who no agree? Just #FixtheCountry pic.twitter.com/bDT4lbTg05— Jimmy In Tweets (@jimmyintweet) May 10, 2022
The revolution is happening. #FixTheCountry is trending and they can’t find one person to attack.— Kwesi Picasso.eth 🐺 (@Donsarkcess) May 10, 2022
Tell them we don’t die, we multiply – Kendrick Lamar ✊🏾
When we say #FixTheCountry, some people start to tag you as being political.— Dr. George 💊 (@GeorgeAnagli) May 10, 2022
Now tell me, is the country hard or not?
We all want to #FixTheCountry but does it have a sustainable strategy? No. Why don’t we bring together a class of intelligent brains from the sciences, tech etc and then sit at table and deliberate on how to build systems that can solve Ghana’s ģovernance problems?— ineed-investors 🚜 (@startupsgh) May 10, 2022
7years in power and Chairman wontumi already has Rolls Royce. #FixTheCountry f*ckin country !!— Jay🧢 (Birkenstock Plug) (@THE_REAL_JAY_1) May 10, 2022
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’
- CPA Secretary-General meets Leadership of Parliament
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Market queens lead delegation to pick NPP flagbearer nomination forms for Alan Kyerematen