Two armed robbers attacked a mobile money vendor at Yendi and made away with GH¢5,300.00.
The incident happened at Balogu North, a suburb of Yendi, around 18:30GMT on Monday, August 31.
According to Baba Sulemana, the 30-year-old agent of TA-HA Enterprise Money Transfer, one of the robbers, wearing a face mask, entered the container with a knife and a taser gun and asked him to kneel down and show him where the money was kept.
Mr Baba said he showed him a drawer where GH₵1,000.00 was after taking that asked him to show him where the rest of the money was, upon which he showed him a bag which contained GH₵4,000.00.
One of the accused took it and an additional GH₵300.00 bringing the total amount to GH₵5,300.00, leaving the victim with only GH₵36.00 on his person.
Mr Baba said immediately he (robber) took the bag, he was joined by his accomplice, who was standing outside the container wearing a crash helmet, he took out an AK47 rifle and started firing warning shots as the rode off on their motorbike.
He indicated that when the people around started running, a bullet hit one 51-year-old Mr Awolu Zakaria, but before the police arrived at the scene, the robbers had bolted.
Mr. Zakaria was rushed to the Yendi Municipal Hospital where he is responding to treatment.
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- US singer Jake Flint dies hours after wedding
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Qatar 2022: I am playing to the instructions of the head coach – Thomas Partey
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- 2022 World Cup: Baba Rahman, Alidu Seidu returns to Ghana’s starting XI to face Uruguay
- Ukraine war: Russia demands annexations recognised before talks
- Manwerehene pleads with striking Manhyia hospital nurses to return to post
- ADB Plc appoints Alhassan Yakubu-Tali as Managing Director
- Rev. Obed Danquah: Agriculture, whose business?
- NACOC officials seize US$1.4m worth of suspected narcotic drugs
- Petrol tanker accident: Residents scramble for fuel
- ‘Squid Game’ actor indicted over indecent assault charges
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia
- Australia parliament rape retrial abandoned
- Kudus Mohammed: The heart of a Black Star
- Keta Investment Promotion Center lauds farmers for immense contribution to economy
- Harriette Amissah-Arthur is Female Energy Personality of the Year