The night patrol team at Walewale was called by the station master, Inspector Amos Bour, to the scene of an ongoing robbery in the Banawa village on Nalerigu Highway on Saturday at about 2:50 am.
The team immediately proceeded from Nasia-Tamale Highway to the crime scene to meet one Kanlan Kambarib, a driver in charge of a 39-seater Neoplan mini bus with registration No. U-1162-C, aged 40. There were about 20 passengers on board travelling from Techiman to Bunkpurugu.
According to the driver, when he got to a section of the road between Walewale and Banawa village, 4 masked men believed to be of Fulani extraction, wielding two guns emerged from the nearby bush, fired at his windscreen, and ordered him to stop.
After complying, the robbers managed to rob them of their belongings and a cash amount of Gh¢2000. Fortunately, nobody was hurt.
Mr. Kambarib added that robbers hurriedly escaped through a nearby bush upon noticing the police presence.
The patrol team combed the scene and found a BB cartridge shell which has been retained for evidential purposes.
The case is currently under investigations.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes
Leicester win FA Cup for the first time after last-gap Chelsea equaliser ruled out
Investigating assault on Caleb Kudah: I don’t trust National Security – Ken Ashigbey
Juventus edge Inter Milan in thriller to keep Champions League hopes alive
Lewandowski equals Muller’s Bundesliga goals record in Bayern draw
Zlatan Ibrahimovic ruled out of Euro 2020 with knee injury
Disband National Security Ministry- Samson Lardy Anyenini
I stopped being a member of GJA because of its President – Manasseh Azure
Asantehene’s involvement in galamsey fight a big impetus – Abu Jinapor
Arrest of Citi FM Journalists: National Security boss should be held to account – Audrey Gadzekpo
We need to guard against religious chauvinism – Harruna Iddrisu
Investigative Journalism is becoming scarier – Manasseh Azure