The Armwrestling Federation of Africa (AFA) has held its first media seminar on Sunday, January 17, 2021.
The event which was held virtually via zoom talked about the Rules and Regulations governing the sport as well as some terminologies used in the sport to help the media in their reportage.
This maiden seminar was organized by the Media Committee of AFA chaired by former Press Officer of the Ghana Olympic Committee (GOC), Kenneth Odeng Adade and with support from the Executive Board and members of the federation.
The Resource Person for the Seminar was the Technical Director of the African Armwrestling, Nasr Yousef from Cairo, Egypt with assistance from the Technical Department of AFA.
Mr Adade also explained that “just like any other sport, armwrestling has grown within the years and there has been some changes with the rules of the game therefore it was time for the media to come to terms with the new rules and regulations.”
He added that the seminar was also aimed at whipping the interest of the media across the continent hence the addition of the terminologies and other technical education so to help the media in their write-ups and reportage.
“this is the maiden of edition and the media should look out for other exciting event from the Media Committee to make the sport visible and also attractive.”
The former Press Officer urged the media to take advantage of such seminars to increase their knowledge in sports.
- World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo a ‘total genius’ for winning Portugal penalty – Fifa
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation to dollar at 54%
- Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Bright Simons: Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A missed opportunity
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Daughter cannot watch father’s execution, judge rules
- Kuami Eugene, Eno Barony and Keche climax HITZ Skuuls Reunion’s return
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- 2022 World Cup: We didn’t ‘over-respect’ Portugal – Otto Addo
- Take tough decisions in life – GNPC boss to Presec Legon students
- Kelvin Tutu talks accountability in new single, ‘Fa kye’
- BOST MD emerges Petroleum CEO of the Year 2022
- 6th Ghana Energy Awards honours 31 individuals, companies
- 2022 World Cup: ‘Black Stars still have a big chance of making last 16’ – Otto Addo
- ‘We don’t want any mining activities on our land’ – Mampong Traditional Council insists
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Otto Addo picks Germany as favourite to win World Cup
- My ex got married and I’m single and completely heartbroken
- WHO convenes Africa regional policy dialogue on investment and protection of health workforce
- 2022 World Cup: Otto Addo wary of Son Heung-min threat ahead of South Korea clash
- 2022 World Cup: ‘We will see a passionate Black Stars against South Korea – Otto Addo
- ‘It feels like it never left’ – Revitalised HITZ Skuul Reunion wins patrons’ hearts