It was wild jubilation at Asante Akim Central Municipality in the Ashanti region after the MCE nominee was 100% confirmed.
Robert Yaw Kwakye got 35 votes from a total of 35 valid votes cast.
In an atmosphere of great joy, some assembly members believe Mr Kwakye is the best person to help the area.
Speaking to JoyNews, he thanked the President and his constituents for their overwhelming endorsement.
He is committed to working tirelessly to develop the area.
Mr Kwakye says he will continue the excellent work of the previous MCE in rationalising the socio-economic development of the municipality.
He is also sure to improve the security challenges and accident cases on the Konongo-Juaso Stretch.
The Member of Parliament for the Asante Akim Central Constituency, Kwame Anyimadu-Antwi, said he will work with the MCE to develop the municipality.
Mr Anyimadu-Antwi admonished the assembly members to support the MCE to work on the developmental needs of the constituency.
On behalf of the Ashanti Regional Minister, Regional Director of NADMO Kwabena Nsenkyire expressed happiness regarding the peaceful confirmation of nominees in the region so far.
Mr Nsenkyire said the Minister, Simon Osei-Mensah, also assured the constituency that work will be expedited on the Konongo road project.
He’s confident the project, when completed, will help deal with the numerous accidents on the Konongo to Juaso road and check the huge traffic.
- NSMQ 2021: When Prof Kaufmann was left speechless by Ketasco’s Bright Senyo
- As it happened: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Ketasco and Prempeh College battled for trophy
- Parliament rejects 2022 budget
- Playback: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Prempeh and Ketasco battle for trophy and glory
- NSMQ 2021: And God rested on the ‘Seven’ day to ‘Glory5’ Prempeh College
- Speaker suspends sitting over Majority Caucus’ absence in the chamber
- You lament over 1.75% levy, but not paying taxes – Ofori-Atta to 60,000 professionals, others
- Police publish list of 5 wanted vehicles for flouting road regulations
- Friends of missing Lands Commission staff besiege Asokwa District Court ahead of hearing
- NSMQ2021: Social media reacts to Prempeh catapulting decapitated Presec back to Accra
Mahama hands over renovated boys dormitory block to Ghanasco
Dela Sedode: Christ Me! Bagbin
FDA retrieves 270 cartons of expired Charme Sparkling juice
‘Killer budget isn’t coming back; we’re burying it for good’ – Ablakwa
Ministry of Lands PRO wins overall best PR officer of the year award
Join NDC’s presidential race if you are interested in being number 1 – John Boadu to Alban Bagbin
Livestream: Newsfile discusses 2022 budget and energy sector debt
2022 budget is a complete break away from the politics of borrowing – Buaben Asamoa
Cargill commissions $13m cocoa processing plant expansion in Tema
NPP will not shy away from unpopular decisions – John Boadu
Speaker’s ruling on 2022 budget has no binding effect on Parliament – Majority Leader
The last time a national budget was rejected in Ghana
Majority stages walkout over approval of 2022 budget
We’ll not tolerate any disrespect from Speaker – Majority Leader after walkout
‘Parliament hasn’t constitutionally rejected our budget’ – K.T Hammond