Asamankese Senior High School has qualified to the preliminary stages of the 2020 National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) at the expense of favourites, St. Rose’s SHS.
Asasco, as they are called, finished off the Eastern Region top-dogs with a decisive 50 points against St. Rose’s 41 points.
The other schools which featured in the tie only appeared on paper as they were clearly outclassed by leading two schools.
Asuom SHS earned 15 points at the end of the contest while Akim Asafo SHS and New Nsutam Senior High and Technical School scored eight and four points respectively.
Asamankese Senior High School have now earned the chance to redeem themselves after crashing out of the 2019 edition of the competition.
They lost to University Practice SHS in a closely contested tie but the Cape Coast-based school’s experience in the competition saved them.
For St. Rose’s, it is a better performance than last year but still short of what is needed.
They were eliminated by H’mount Sinai SHS in the 2019 qualifiers in a contest that was decided by a tie-breaker.
This is the fourth time consecutive they are failing to qualify to the nationals of the 27-year-old Primetime event.
- If any person should be prosecuted over Saglemi, it should be E. T. Mensah – Stan Dogbe
- UG to cough up $165m judgment debt for abrogating Africa Integras partnership
- Stop rolling out new projects until all existing ones are completed – Mahama tells government
- Saglemi saga: Former Housing Minister, Collins Dauda granted self-recognisance bail
- Oliver Barker-Vormawor calls for the dissolution of the ‘corrupt 4th republic’
- Kissi Agyebeng is new Special Prosecutor
- Playback: NPP commemorates 29-year anniversary
- Whether through courts or by-election, I don’t see anything changing in Assin North – Brogya Genfi
- Michael Jai White loses oldest son to Covid-19
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, August 5, 2021
Musicians must keep up with current trends to stay relevant – Kuami Eugene
Court discharges 21 alleged LGBTQ members
Take advantage of Covid-19 disruption of the world and break through – Pastor Mensa Otabil urges African countries
I see myself as an evangelist spreading good morals – Kuami Eugene
Bread retailers in Kumasi bemoan difficulty in selling at new prices
150 nurses seeking postings out of Upper East Region
Bawumia to launch University of Ghana Innovation and Entrepreneurship Network
115 Spellers advance to The Spelling Bee Ghana 2022 National Finals
Anas’ exposé and lack of matches to blame for referees’ poor showing – Henry Twum
Ghana Enterprises Agency inaugurates ‘access to finance committee’
Trading sex for cosmetic surgery in Mexico’s narco capital
Yam farmers in Northern Region bemoan poor harvest due to dry spell
Don’t disappointed me – Fancy Gadam tells Dr Bawumia
WACCBIP unveils state-of-art Genome Sequencer
Government is on course to fix the country – Akufo-Addo