Bia Senior High Technical School has become the first school to qualify to the preliminary stages of the 2020 edition of the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ).
The school, located in the new Western North region, will be staring at the nationals of the Primetime event for the first time in the competition’s 27-year history.
They beat Sefwi Wiawso SHS from the regional capital in what is now a milestone for the 28-year-old unisex school.
The saying “the race is not for the swift,” played out in the contest which was held at the GNAT Hall in Takoradi as Bia SHTS ended round One with eight points; a point behind favourites, Juaboso SHS and Nana Brentu SHS.
However, as the contest was brought to an end, Biastech was flying with 25 points, ahead of Sefwi Wiawso SHS who garnered 20 points.
End of Contest:
Bia SHTS: 25pts
Sefwi Wiawso SHS: 20pts
Nana Brentu SHS: 18pts
Juaboso SHS: 9pts
Sefwi Bekwai SHS: 5pts
Bodi SHS; 3pts
— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) February 10, 2020
Nana Brentu SHS finished with 18 points and the favourites, Juaboso SHS who started well could not maintain momentum and only ended with their Round One tally, nine points.
Sefwi Bekwai SHS accumulated five points and Bodi SHS trailed with a paltry three points.
The regional qualifiers continue unabated.
- We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts
- #FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals
- Angry Ghanaian youth take #FixTheCountry protests to social media after court injunction
- #FixTheCountry: Bang your utensils, toot your horns on Sunday – Conveners announce format for virtual protest
- Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
- Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
- It’ll take time for government to get economy back on track – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
- Playback: Finance Minister addresses nation amidst #FixTheCountry protest
- Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
- Bawumia’s response to #FixTheCountry campaign not a solution to issues raised – Ofosu Kwakye
Greater Accra Regional Chief Imam’s office inaugurates first Advisory Board members
Full text: Ken Ofori-Atta’s media briefing amidst #FixTheCountry protest
Youth and Sports Minister calls for Zero Tolerance for Hooliganism in Sports
Stop illegal construction of speed ramps – Minister warns youth
Lewis Hamilton wins Spanish Grand Prix after late overtake of Max Verstappen
Medeama and Željezničar sign landmark partnership
Otiko Afisah Djaba: Don’t get tired of treating mother’s well
Nestor Kafui Adjomah: Mother’s Day; Where is my tribute?
Free SHS: PTA urges members to support schools amidst challenges
Universal Hospitals Group donates medical consumables to 2 health facilities
Ghana Month Series: Sunyani Traditional Area discounts Krontihene’s narration of historical facts
#FixTheCountry: I’ve always supported the agenda since the beginning of my career – Sarkodie
Chad claims victory over rebels after president’s death
Playback: Finance Minister addresses nation amidst #FixTheCountry protest
South Sudan’s president dissolves Parliament