The current bird flu outbreak in the country, is expected to be completely curtailed within three months.
This is due to vigorous measures being taken by the Ghana Veterinary Service (GVS), to halt the outbreak.
Dr. Benjamin Kissi Sassou, Risk Communicator, GVS, told the Ghana News Agency that there were seven new cases of the flu, from the time it broke out in the country on August 8, 2021.
Currently, 36 farms have been affected by the outbreak with the Greater Accra Region having 26, Central Region 4, Volta Region 2 and Ashanti Region 4.
He urged poultry farmers to continue abiding strictly by protocols of the GVS, which include; observing their birds closely and reporting any suspected case to the nearest GVS office to halt the outbreak.
Chicken and chicken products, are also to be moved from one region to another, only under strict veterinary supervision.
Farmers should also apply the right disinfection and preventive methods on their farm to protect their birds.
Dr. Patrick Abakeh, Director, GVS Directorate, told the GNA in an earlier interview, that the outbreak was first detected on July 6, upon which samples were confirmed in the laboratory on July 8, 2021.
- Alan Kyerematen, Sammy Gyamfi and others mourn with Kwame A Plus at late father’s funeral
- FDA sensitizes traders and patients on medicine adverse reactions
- Mohbad: Nigerian nurse association says health worker who treated late singer not registered
- Graduated students urged to keep developing their skills for success
- Building contractor accused of defiling his stepdaughter freed
- 21500 healthcare workers benefit from health workforce programme
- France to end its military presence in Niger by end of 2023 – Macron
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy