The body of a Chinese man has been retrieved from a dam at Esaase in the Kwawu West Municipality of the Eastern Region.
The man went missing after his car plunged into a dam in the municipality.
The unnamed victim works for a mining company as a supervisor for the construction of some road networks in the district.
He reportedly slid off the road and fell into the dam in the course of his duty.
A search party was convened to find the victim but he was nowhere to be found as the manager believed he had been trapped in the water.
But Adom News has discovered that the deceased has been retrieved.
Reports say the traditional authorities of the area poured libation before the rescue team found the body.
It has since been deposited at the Nkawkaw Holy Family Hospital mortuary for further investigation and autopsy.
Residents say this is not the first time such an incident has occurred at the dam.
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- Count On Crops Hub equips 32 Agric Extension Officers with data collection skills
- Government fails to announce new farmgate price for cocoa despite start of season
- 2023 CHAN: Black Galaxies face Morocco, Madagascar and Sudan in Group C
- Fight against galamsey must be above partisan politics – Samuel Jinapor
- Customers can purchase electricity credits from Oct. 2 – ECG
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess
- Orange Corners Ghana celebrates graduation of 45 entrepreneurs
- UT’s loans in less than 48 hours saved many businesses from collapse – Amoabeng
- Medical Laboratory Workers’ Union to hold AGM