In a world where Women empowerment is vigorously being championed, the plights of men are often swept under the carpet.
We hear a lot of women empowerment chants and various shows projecting the plights of women but hardly do we see the same for men.
Men have always been portrayed as the tough figure who is expected to be flawless and without any weakness.
In the local parlance, it is said that, “Barima nsu” to wit, “men do not cry,” but this is not always the case. Men do have their own issues to deal with.
In view of this, Joy Prime has introduced a mind-blowing entertaining lifestyle talk show dubbed ‘Bald, Muscled, Potbellied and Skinny’ (BMPs).’
BMPs, is an all-male (panel) talk show that projects issues affecting men. The show was premiered on March 11, 2022.
It airs every Friday on the same platform and is repeated on Sundays. But who are the “big boys” featured in this mindboggling show. Today, we delve into the lives of the great personalities who feature in this show.
Nanye Kofi (Bald) is an entrepreneur focused on the art of perfumes and all things fragrance. He is also an experienced financial professional, born in the UK, and made in Ghana. He loves to challenge the status quo. Works hard and plays even harder. Putting the ‘Sexy’ back into hard work. Bald by choice, bearded by nature.
Kofi Hayford (Potbellied) is no stranger to listeners of Joy FM. He is currently the host of The Overdrive show, having joined the station in 2020, where he doubles as the bench for the award-winning ‘Drivetime on Joy’ show. With rich experience in voiceovers, coupled with his love for entertainment, Kofi Hayford is touted to bring his best to the all-new #BMPS show.
Kofi also presents Showbiz News Flash, a minute-long entertainment bulletin.
Since his introduction to the Multimedia Group Limited, the young, vibrant broadcaster has achieved impressive feats, interviewing some Ghanaian music industry greats, including Okyeame Kwame, Empress Gifty, Kuami Eugene, Tagoe Sisters, Samuel Owusu, Kojo Antwi, R2bees, South Africa’s Sonti Mndebele and UK’s Afro-B.
His dynamism is evident in his impeccable writing skills and reportage for myjoyonline.com.
The young man has rich experience in voiceovers, with an impressive reportoire of commercial successes as well as his captivating voice projects for Joy Prime.
Jason Dzata (Muscled) is an outstanding sportsman with several years of experience as an athlete with the Ghana National Rugby Team. He is known as a pro athlete with a taste for quality, due diligence and fanatical attention to detail. He is currently the Administrative Manager for LEB Farms (aquaponics installation) and S.M.K Farms (Mango Plantation).
Samuel Nana Yaw Berima Poxieble (skinny) is an entrepreneur and Partner, Apokalypse Gh (head of DJs and Sound) Founder, Thrift Town Clothing. He has extensive experience in radio broadcasting and DJing, event management, and planning. Marital status: Single. Education: BA in Business Administration (Public Relations option)
He loves researching fashion and events themes, listening to music, YouTubing, Developing Event content, and outing.
Not forgetting the producer and brain behind the show, Victor Brachie. Victor is one of the finest producers with the Joy Brands.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana’s integrated aluminium industry on course – Lands Minister
- Anti-LGBT: The President must go for what the people want – Most Rev. Gyamfi
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO