Ghana has moved to worse on the Afrobarometer SDG Scorecard in reducing the payment of bribes in the public service.
According to the 2020 Afrobarometer report which matched the country’s progress in achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, the country’s performance has not improved in terms of reducing the payment of bribes to access public services.
The report also noted that the 57% of the public viewed the Ghana Police Service as the most corrupt state institution.
It further revealed that Ghana is doing worse in terms of the country’s ability to reduce the frequency of its citizens going without medical care, reducing the gender gap in unemployment as well as the increased understanding of the negative impacts of climate change.
47% of the respondents said judges and magistrates are corrupt, followed by 36% who said they thought MPs were more corrupt.
However, the scorecard showed that “the country is making progress on trust in state institutions as well as access to clean water/sanitation and affordable energy.”
The newly developed Afrobarometer SDG Scorecards highlight citizens’ experiences and evaluations of their country’s performance on democracy and governance, poverty, health, education, energy supply, water and sanitation, inequality, gender equity, and other priorities reflected in 12 of the 17 SDGs.
- Request for Chief Justice to be suspended premature – Presidency
- Traveller apologises for lashing out at KIA Covid-19 testing officials over results
- 14-year-old boy impregnates roommate, 16
- Collins Dauda prosecution is Akufo-Addo’s poor excuse for abandoning Saglemi project – Sammy Gyamfi
- IGP assures #FixTheCountry protesters of maximum protection on August 4 demo
- Man who murdered wife over divorce threats dies of poisoning
- Tokyo 2020: Samuel Takyi wins bronze in boxing, Ghana’s first Olympic medal since 1992
- New ‘trampoline tracks’ at Tokyo 2020 explain why so many records being broken
- Government to buy 6 aircraft for Ghana Armed Forces worth over €111m
- BoG expands list of institutions to participate in Credit Reporting System
Let’s have comprehensive debt management strategy to manage escalating debt – IEA
Joe Gyaakye Quayson has not been invited by Police CID, it’s an NPP propaganda – NDC National Organiser
Vaccines may no longer be a solution to containing third wave of Delta variant – Virologist
Grammy-nominated artiste, Stokley, features KiDi in ‘Woman’
Damongo MP places ¢10k bounty on head for police officer’s killer
Livestream: #FixTheCountry demo comes off today
Hushpuppi paid Deputy Police Commissioner over $20k to detain his ‘co-conspirator’ Chibuzo – FBI alleges
Government to export Ghana-embossed gold as State Gold Refinery is 90% complete
#FixTheCountry protestors hit the streets of Accra
Absa Bank MD, Abena Osei-Poku named top Corporate Personality at Ghana Women of the Year Honours
ISSER fears Ghana Cares Obaatanpa programme may face financial challenges
256 more people killed in road crashes in July alone
Message from the Morning Man: Ei Jesus, are you sure?
Playback: PM Express discusses ‘Labour demands for money where is the justification’
Bear with us for the increases in bread prices – Bakers appeal