NPP Polling station aspirants in the Hemang Lower Denkyira Constituency are calling on the National Executive of the party to ensure that fresh elections are conducted in the constituency to avoid the party losing the seat.
They say their MP and Deputy Employment and Labour Relations Minister, Bright Wereko Brobbey’s popularity is waning in the constituency, hence his schemes to ensure that polling station elections are not done in the constituency but what they call “midnight acclamations” of people that didn’t pick forms to contest the polling station elections.
At a news conference at Denkyira Wawasee, the spokesperson of the polling station aspirants, Christopher Ampoful, called on the national leadership of the party to ensure fairness and justice are done for the betterment of the party in the constituency.
They state that there have not been any polling station elections in the Hemang Lower Denkyira Constituency and any attempt to divert attention from this fact would be fiercely resisted.
“We take it as the worst insult to our persons as Bright Wereko-Brobbey and his surrogate are rather blaming the CEO of Ghana Exim Bank for their clear acts of oppression and destruction of the party in the constituency,” they stated.
He continued, “We want to set the records straight that more people900 of us picked forms but were blatantly refused the right to be even vetted and have elections. Bright Wereko-Brobbey and his surrogate just called people to take pictures and their data to compile the constituency party register. In fact, in places where they did not have people willing to go to their homes and secret places recommended by Bright Wereko-Brobbey for such data compilation, they took records from their polling station forms without permission and submitted them. A typical case is that of Miss Abigail Adutwumwaa, who filed for women’s organizer at Jukwa Cath. School but was put on the register as an organizer without her slightest knowledge.”
According to aspirants, some people were given positions without their concurrence. A case in point is one Alex Aidoo of the Akyease polling station, whose name was in the party’s register as polling station chairman on his blind side. Another is Alhassan Billah, who is captured in their register as a polling station chairman. According to them, Mr Billah felt bad that his data was captured in the register as chairman-elect without any elections.
They further contend that the guidelines for the polling station elections specified by the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the NPP stated that members of the committee are ineligible to contest but surprisingly, the IT officer who is a member of the nine-member polling station Elections committee is captured at Hemang Health Center 2 as a polling station organizer contrary to the guidelines that were supposed to regulate the elections.
He quizzed, “It is puzzling to hear Aliu Sumaila, the constituency youth organiser, say during his press conference that Mr Lawrence Agyinsam directed his perceived supporters who had picked and duly filed their nomination forms to withdraw from the elections while at the same time accusing him of chasing the election committee members with “NDC macho men.” Does this make sense at all? ”
They added that the MP has eternally nailed himself to eternal condemnation because all party faithful are aware of the enormous support the Exim Bank CEO gave to the party, both in this constituency and other constituencies in the region such as Assin South.
“He donated a pick Up to support Wereko Brobbey’s campaign hired a driver to drive the pickup and fueled it for almost 3months. He also provided t-shirts, sunglasses, nose masks, and shoes, among others, all in a bid to support the campaign. In addition, he supported the campaign and the EC registration exercise with ¢30,000 hence for the MP and his cohorts to say that Mr Agyinsam never supported his campaign but instead preached skirt and blouse means he is very ungrateful just as he has treated those who have selflessly supported him over the years.
But the Constituency Youth organiser of the party, Aliu Sumaila says these matters were before the party’s National Executive Committee awaiting their decisions and he would leave all the allegations in the hands of the party’s national leadership.
According to him, he’s sure that the national leadership of the NPP would call the Exim Bank CEO to order because he’s undermining the MP and destroying the party at the constituency level, a behaviour he’s convinced would hurt the NPP in the constituency.
Below is the full statement
PRESS CONFERENCE BY NPP POLLING STATION EXECUTIVE ASPIRANTS OF HEMANG LOWER DENKYIRA CONSTITUENCY
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen and Friends of the Media, we welcome you all to today’s press conference being organized by NPP polling station aspirants in Hemang Lower Denkyira constituency.
Our attention has been drawn to a press conference organized by Hon. Bright Wireku-Brobbey, MP for Hemang Lower Denkyira constituency and Deputy Min. for Employment and labour relations through his surrogate Aliu Sumaila Abudu. This poorly attended press conference which he spent days organizing, is a manifestation of the poor popularity of Wireko Brobbey in the constituency. Note that a lot of the buses/cars he paid for to bus people for his press conference returned empty.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the issue at stake is a very simple one; the fact that there have not been any polling station elections in Hemang Lower Denkyira Constituency and any attempt to divert attention from this would be fiercely resisted. We take it as the worst insult to our persons as Bright Wireku-Brobbey and his surrogate are rather blaming the CEO of Ghana Exim Bank for their clear acts of oppression and destruction of the party in the constituency. We want to set the records straight that more than 900 of us picked forms but were blatantly refused the right to be even vetted and have elections.
Bright Wireko-Brobbey and his surrogate just called people to take pictures and their data to compile the constituency party register. In fact, in places where they did not have people willing to go to their homes and secret places recommended by Bright Wireku-Brobbey for such data compilation, they took records from their polling station forms without permission and submitted them. A typical case is about Miss Abigail Adutwumwaa
who filed for women organizer at Jukwa Cath. School but was put on the register as Organizer without her slightest knowledge.
The MP through his party’s destructive actions put Mr Alex Aidoo of Akyease polling station into the party’s register as polling station chairman on his blind side. Mr Alhassan Billah who is captured in their register as polling station chairman is captured on record lamenting how bad he felt at the time for allowing the MP and his surrogate to capture his data for the register as chairman-elect without any elections. The audio evidence is here.
Ladies and gentlemen, the guidelines for the polling station elections specified by the NEC of the NPP stated that members of the committee are ineligible to contest. You will be surprised to note that out of sheer greed for power, the IT officer who is a member of the nine-member polling station Elections committee is captured at Hemang Health Center 2 as a polling station organizer contrary to the guidelines that were supposed to regulate the Elections and we hereby quote that particular guideline as follows “no member of the polling station and electoral area elections committee shall be eligible to contest the polling station elections”.
Ladies and gentlemen isn’t it surprising that the MP and his surrogate who claim to have conducted elections could not share copies of the timetable they used to conduct their so-called elections with the media during their press conference. Friends from the media, freely contact lawyer Alexander K. Abban who chaired the elections committee for a copy of the timetable for the elections he has certified. Let him share with the world the date and time the Mfuom, Abrafo, Bekawopa, Ankaako, Esukeseekyir, Wawasee, Kwamoano, Hemang, Ampenkro, etc. were scheduled to have their polling station elections.
Let lawyer Abban and the MP show us the timetable he certified for the elections, and how he shared it with the polling station aspirants and party members across the constituency.
Again, if they claim that there was an Election, we dare the chairman of the committee, Lawyer Abban, and Wireko Brobbey to provide the results of each polling station’s election.
Ladies and gentlemen, it is puzzling to hear Aliu Abudu saying during his press conference that Mr. Agyinsam directed his perceived supporters who had picked and duly filed their nomination forms to withdraw from the elections while at another breathe accusing him of chasing the election committee members with ‘NDC macho men”. Does this make sense at all? That someone, you accuse of being power drank and want to wrestle the seat from the MP at all cost would ask his supporters who are aspirants to withdraw from the very elections that would facilitate his annexation of the seat from Wireko Brobbey and rather chase the election committee members with macho men? This obviously does not make sense at all and cannot be used to even convince a novice in politics. Our constituents are all witnesses to the hooliganism perpetrated by Wireko Brobbey during that period through the use of thugs under the guise of being national security operatives hence cannot be deceived by these blatant lies by him and his surrogates.
Ladies and gentlemen, the feedback from the press conference has completely eroded the little grace the MP was left with after he shamefully accused the CEO at Ghana Exim Bank of preaching skirt and blouse during the 2020 General election campaign. In fact, by this statement of lies, the MP has eternally nailed himself to eternal condemnation because all party faithful are aware of the enormous support the CEO gave to the party, both in this constituency and other constituencies in the region such as Assin South.
He donated a pick Up to support Wireko Brobbey’s campaign, hired a driver to drive the pickup and fueled it for almost 3months. He also provided T-shirts, sunglasses, nose masks, and shoes, among others, all in a bid to support the campaign. In addition, he supported the campaign and the EC registration exercise with GHS30, 000 hence for the MP and his cohorts to say that Mr Agyinsam never supported his campaign but instead preached skirt and blouse means he is very ungrateful just as he has treated those who have selflessly supported him over the years.
The overbearing attitude of Bright Wireku-Brobbey as MP of THLDD
Friends of the media, we want to limit ourselves first of all to the overbearing conduct of Bright Wireku-Brobbey since he became MP and people he has ousted or attempted to oust from their positions.
- · Former DCE, Lawyer E.K. Nanah was ousted because the MP did not agree with his appointment
- · Rev. Dorcas Annan, former Headmistress, Hemang Sec. Tech was transferred through the orchestration of the MP because he was “free” with the current DCE.
- · There was an attempt by the MP to oust the current DCE by any means possible but by God’s grace, he failed. Even as we speak he is doing everything possible to oust the current DCE. This current DCE, Ladies and Gentlemen, Hon. Kennedy Sarpong, was the main architect behind the victory of Wireko Brobbey in the 2015 Primaries and subsequent victory in the 2016 General Elections. So for him to turn against the DCE without any provocation speaks volumes about the nature of Hon. Wireko Brobbey
- · As we speak, it is alleged that the MP is doing everything possible to see to it that the current Health Director of the district is transferred just because the Health director is not prepared to cover up his misuse of some funds earmarked for the purchase of health equipment
- · He made several attempts to suspend six (6) constituency officers namely; first vice-chairman, secretary, assistant secretary, communication officer, deputy youth organizer, and deputy Nassara coordinator for refusing to support his bid to remove the current DCE.
- · The MP as employment and Labor minister violated all labour laws of Ghana to block the salary of some party faithful who were working with YEA because they did not support him during the 2020 parliamentary primaries.
- · Mysteriously, the MP, Bright Wireku-Brobbey called insistently for the sacking of the constituency secretary from an NGO he was working with. This is a secretary who had selflessly worked for him for seven (7) years even amidst threats occasionally from people and this was his reward from Wireko Brobbey.
- · Together with the constituency chairman, Wireko Brobbey put an embargo on the salaries of Mr Ampoful Christopher purely because he refused to team up with the MP for his evil acts.
- · Bright Wireku-Brobbey, Min. of Employment and Labor Relations is bent on destroying the jobs of people in the constituency.
So the question is, who is truly destroying the party in the constituency?
The oppressor of the people, (Bright Wireku-Brobbey) or the CEO of Ghana Exim Bank who is ensuring the growth and development of the youth and the constituency at large? Or One (Bright Wireku-Brobbey) whose investments are even outside the constituency (hotels in cape coast) against somebody who has invested heavily in the constituency?
Also are we saying that Bright Wireku-Brobbey who could not even find anyone fit in the constituency to serve him as PA is better than the CEO of Ghana Exim Bank who has found and demonstrated confidence in the youth the constituency and pushing for their development?
Is it the one who will go all out and push for the sacking of party persons from their jobs and positions who is a good person? Or the person who is nurturing the youth in the party?
We dare the MP to point to one person he is nurturing or has nurtured in the constituency who can be seen as a bright spot for the future of the party in the constituency.
PRE-MPSHIP PARTY DESTRUCTIVE CONDUCT BY WIREKO-BROBBY
In 2008, this very MP who is refusing more than 900 persons their right to contest in polling station election, went on to contest as an independent candidate when the party found him ineligible to contest the parliamentary primaries for attaching a FAKE party ID. Friends of the media this man who fought the party as an independent candidate because he submitted a fake ID is now having the effrontery to deny the right of hardworking party members from their very right to contest as polling station executives. Where is the conscience? Is he the only human being in the constituency?
From there, this same Bright Wereko-Bobby decided to incite people tribally to vote against the NPP candidate in 2012. It is on record that 2012 was the only time NPP lost in the Hemang community all because of the tribal hate Wireko-Brobby consciously incited the people of Hemang against the NPP candidate then, Mr. Lawrence Agyinsam. He went further to organise over 500 people to transfer their votes from our constituency to Twifo Atti-Morkwah just to cause the defeat of Mr Agyinsam in the 2012 elections.
As we speak now there are very ardent members of NPP who joined NDC because of the independence Bright Wereko-Brobby undertook. Some of them are even executives in NDC now at Frami, Mbem, Abrafo and Jukwa. Friends of the media, you can check these facts in all these communities.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Aliu Abudu is just a poodle of Hon. Bright Wireku-Brobbey so we won’t waste our time on him. The youth in Hemang Lower Denkyira constituency are enlightened and will only follow a youth organizer who is mature and respect the youths and party leaders who are helping the youth.
Wereko-Brobby has exalted himself above the party’s guidelines and constitution. If the perpetrator of these crimes against the party is not punished and instead the victims are allowed to cry helplessly, these scornful and destructive attitudes will be emulated and will eventually destroy the party. On this note we call on the leadership of the party to crack the whip on Wereko-Brobby and his poodles to serve as a deterrent to others in the future.
We conclude by saying that Hon. Bright Wireku-Brobbey (Nagging Professor) is the cause of all the chaos and confusion in NPP-HLDC not Mr. Lawrence Agyinsam, CEO of Ghana Exim Bank.
Long Live HLDC Long live NPP Thank you
Polling station Aspirants of HLDC cc
All NPP REGIONAL EXECUTIVES
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Ghana’s cocoa not banned – EU Ambassador
- Somalia drought: So weak from hunger she couldn’t bury her child
- Journalists urged to build regional cooperation in the fight against human trafficking
- Akufo-Addo won’t declare a state of emergency -Dr. Norman
- No firm without license will operate cybersecurity service from 2023 – Bawumia
- Our leaders are either complicit or incompetent – Ken Ashigbey on galamsey
- Agenda 111 is making up for a 60year gap in access to healthcare facilities across Ghana – Bawumia
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- We’re long past the state of emergency – Kofi Bentil on galamsey
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- Nigerian child killed in ‘bullet-proof’ charm test
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry