The Regent of Bimbila, Nyelinbolgu Naa Yakubu Andani Dassana is asking authorities to identify a new tourist site that will make Northern Region attractive to the world.
This according to him is because the pride of the north, which was the Mole National Park is now in the Savannah Region due to the demarcation of new regions.
Engaging the Northern Regional Minister, Alhaji Shani Alhassan Saibu at his palace in Bimbilla in the Nanumba North Municipality, the Chief said the Minister’s priority should be peace, development, education, agriculture, and job creation.
Nyelinbolgu Naa Yakubu Andani Dassana said the Northern Region is for everybody and not just for selected individuals, thus using the opportunity to urge the Minister to be a leader for all.
The new Northern Regional Minister, Alhaji Shani Alhassan Saibu on his part said the region has huge potential when it comes to agriculture.
According to him, he is also committed to collaborating with the various chiefs to roll out innovative measures that will make the sector attractive to the youth.
In Kpandai, the Chief of the area urged the Minister to ensure that the various districts receive their fair share of national cake.
He said Kpandai is underdeveloped and mentioned the lack of road network, hospitals, potable water, and jobs as some challenges facing the district.
But the Minister assured the people that Kpandai will not be left out of the government’s one district-one hospital project.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Livestream: PM Express discusses NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Ghanaians are not go-getters compared to Nigerians – Oscar Bimpong