The Founder of Ghanaian-owned beverage company Kasapreko Company Limited (KCL), Dr Kwabena Adjei has been adjudged West African Tourism Personality of the Year at the recently-organised Weizo Accra tourism conference held in Accra.
Receiving his award, Dr Adjei who is also the Group Chairman of the company, expressed his excitement at the milestone Kasapreko’s Alomo Bitters has chalked being the corner bloc upon which other Kasapreko products were built.
“This award is important to me because it tells the story of many successful Ghanaians,” he noted.
Dr Adjei was recognized for pushing the Alomo Bitters brand beyond the shores of Ghana as it has now become a household name in neighbouring West African countries including Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso.
Alomo Bitters was recently named by the Ghana Tourism Authority as the Tourism Drink of the Year.
Dr Adjei said “Kasapreko began on a small note of producing Alomo Bitters. We have been able to build what was seemingly impossible to what we have become today. This tells us that we need to encourage Ghanaian entrepreneurs to believe in themselves.”
Speaking at the event, Ghana’s Minister of Tourism Culture and Creative Arts, Mrs Elizabeth Ofosu Adjare indicated that tourism is a major factor that could help bring the West African sub region together for effective development.
She said tourism could create a forum for experts to share ideas to help develop countries and serve as a link to reinforce the relationships between countries.
The conference, on the theme ‘seamless travels in West Africa’, was organised by Akwaaba; African Market, Lagos.
The Weizo Accra Conference which took place at the La Palm Royal Beach Hotel was to offer top players in tourism in West Africa the opportunity to have a first-hand glimpse of the biggest street party in Africa and the best tourism event in West Africa.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Julian Kingsley Opuni appointed new Fidelity Bank Managing Director
- I doubt ADB would delist from Ghana Stock Exchange – GSE boss
- VIDEO: Farmers urge gov't to revamp Ghana’s seed factories
- GRA storms businesses to retrieve outstanding tax liabilities
- Ecobank appoints MFS Africa as digital payment partner
- Martell to launch two new outstanding cognacs in Ghana
- All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
- Huawei’s Washington presence dwindles amid legal brawl with U.S.
- Shell, Eni face $1.1 billion Nigerian lawsuit over 2011 oil deal
- Rashida Saani Nasamu, Atta Akyea, others honoured with Nobles awards
- Total Petroleum Ghana wins Brand of the Year award
- ADB likely to delist from Ghana Stock Exchange
- The Seed Funds partners Kenya's 4G Capital fintech company
- Ghana could cut interest rates by March - Dr Ernest Addison
- ADB seeks shareholders’ approval to raise GHS383m to recapitalise