The Meridian Port Services (MPS), Tema, has been adjudged the TERMINAL OPERATOR OF THE YEAR at the maiden Ghana Maritime and Shipping Awards held at the La Beach Hotel in Accra.
MPS was awarded for providing world-class Container Handling services which contributes to trade facilitation and Ghana’s total throughput volume at the Port.
Receiving the Award on behalf of MPS, Head of Legal Services for MPS, Mr. Frank Ebo Brown, thanked the Management and Staff of the Company, the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA), the Government of Ghana and all other stakeholders whose contribution and support enabled the company achieve this feat. He also thanked the organizers of the Award for recognizing the contribution of MPS to the Maritime and Shipping Industry.
Mr. Samara, the CEO of MPS, expressed his delight at the honour bestowed on them and reiterated MPS commitment to ensuring that safety and best standards are upheld in its operations.
MPS has sought to always create the opportunities for indigenous participation in its operations. MPS has over the years made massive investments into equipping its human resources with the latest technical knowledge and requisite skills to ensure excellence in port operations. It also runs the latest port technology to ensure efficiency and the best operating standards.
Recognised in the Maritime industry as a leader in port operation services, in September 2015, the Company was also adjudged the Best Performing Container Terminal Operator in West Africa & Central Africa at the African Ports Awards held in Abidjan.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Menzgold staff react to “it’s greed” comment by Finance Minister
- 41 companies, individuals recognised at 5th Ghana Oil and Gas awards
- NLA boss refurbishes Lotto Marketing Companies head office
- Small-scale miners support new policy
- BoG okays First Atlantic, Energy Commercial Bank merger talks
- Access Bank appoints new Managing Director
- MTN Foundation gives 100 PCs to Tardi Technical University
- GSE to introduce MoMo for trading on secondary market in 2019
- Scania West Africa introduces new truck generation range
- VIDEO: Bank mergers; BoG may give ‘waivers’ to some banks – Otu Acheampong
- South Africa Civil Aviation Authority grounds CemAir's 21 planes
- Construction of Takoradi Airport starts 2019
- Fuel prices to reduce further from next week
- ACEP: $51.3 million saving on AMERI deal commendable
- GCB supports completion of Alavanyo Maternity Clinic with ¢100,000