The Group CEO of CDH Financial Holdings Limited has said Ghana needs people with integrity to build a solid future for the nation.
Emmanuel Adu-Sarkodee said the country needs graduates with high moral and ethical standards to lead the process of reconstruction that is needed to direct the course of the development of the country.
He made the remarks as the special guest speaker at the November 2017 Congregation ceremony of the College of Health Science and the College of Applied and Basic Sciences of the University of Ghana, Legon.
He addressed over 1000 students who had successfully completed various programmes including medicine, pharmacy, nursing, mathematics, agricultural science, actuarial science among others.
The business leader and acknowledged entrepreneur congratulated the graduands and charged them to go out into the world and make an impact.
“We need people who are guided by a sense of what is moral and what is immoral; people who will refuse to compromise their principles and choose to build their integrity account.
…The nation has had, and still has people with enough intellectual capacity to move her forward; what we have lacked and continue to lack is the character and integrity that should match this intellectual capacity to develop this nation.”
Mr Adu-Sarkodee said honesty, pure virtues and good character are higher than intellectualism, and character is best developed through strict adherence to the high moral standards they set for themselves.
Professor Ebenezer Oduro Owusu, the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ghana, tasked the graduates to be ambassadors of the University and be agents of change.
“As you start life, you will soon realise that obsession with money does not bring happiness. Wise and sound decisions that you make in the course of life will bring the happiness you desire,” Professor Oduro Owusu said.
Professor Akua Kuenyehia, a member on the University Council, represented Kofi Annan, the Chancellor of the University of Ghana.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- #YourBudget2019: Establishment of National Development Bank on course – Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: Century Bond will end ‘hand-to-mouth existence’ – Ofori-Atta
- 79 factories under 1D1F to be constructed by 2018- Finance Minister
- Achievements of the Akufo-Addo gov't in 22 months
- Gov't to launch Rearing for Food and Jobs program to check imports
- Gov’t targets 7.8% GDP growth in 2019
- 2019 Budget: 'GH¢9.9bn spent to clean banking sector'
- 80% of DKM customer claims paid – Ofori-Atta
- Govt settles 80% of DKM depositors; 20% yet to reach agreement
- Standard Bank’s IT revamp puts more than 500 jobs on the line
- 2019 Budget Live Update: Finance Minister says we shall not return to Egypt
- Predictions: 2019 Budget Presentation
- 2019 Budget: New taxes, increases will be unacceptable - Economics professor
- Black Friday: Jumia Ghana partners Ghana Post to enhance deliveries
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli deported to Ghana