The Dutch Ambassador to Ghana, Ron Strikker, says the Netherlands is committed to empowering entrepreneurs to make them competitive for the European market.
Speaking at a program to graduate about 30 Ghanaian entrepreneurs by the embassy, Mr Strikker said, “It is together with that Ghana will be capable to achieve the goal of Ghana beyond aid. But with resilient entrepreneurs and the right standards of products, you can definitively do well on the European market.”
Acting Chief Director at the Ministry of Business Development, Joe Tackie, says the Ministry, beyond this program, will be engaging stakeholders on prioritizing entrepreneurship in the country.
“Export is key because once we begin to export, it impacts economic activities generalities. We have programs at the ministry that will help entrepreneurs grow their business and this is something we hold so dear to our hearts at the ministry,” he told JoyBusiness.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
The Dutch Export Academy is a program of the Netherlands Embassy in Ghana, implemented by the Ghana Netherlands Business and Culture Council (GNBCC) and MDF West Africa.
All 30 participants followed a five-day training program at the Dutch Embassy, provided by professional trainers and many guest speakers from relevant institutes such as Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA), EXIM Bank Ghana, Food and Drug Authority (FDA) and Plan Protection and Regulatory Services Department (PPRSD).
They received training and information on topics such as: Export Planning, Export Process and Documentation, Product Packaging and Design, Marketing & Branding, Finance & Investment and more.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Group praises Energy Bank, First Atlantic Bank merger talks
- Nestle Ghana is “Overall Best Industrial Company of the Year”
- UNDP launches mobile App for cocoa tree registration
- Africa's biggest fund manager to be probed on Steinhoff
- First Atlantic Bank formally notifies BoG of merger plans with Energy Bank
- GSE bleeds over bank closures; fails GH¢4.7bn capital test
- Imperatives before the marriage dubbed merger & acquisition
- Ghana set to commence flights to Seychelles
- After ugly year, biggest Africa stock market may rally
- Amewu-led Ameri deal “better” – ACEP lauds
- TIN registration picking up; ‘Over 2m registered’ - GRA
- Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
- Reserve Bank of India governor steps down
- Huge desert solar initiative to make Africa a renewables power-house
- Ghana, UAE trade volumes expected to hit $4 billion by end of 2018