Huawei, famous provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices, has officially unveiled its latest smartphone in Ghana, Huawei Y9 2019.
According to the firm, the latest device seeks to provide customers with value for money with its enhanced features but affordable price.
The Huawei Y9 is a 5.93-inch smartphone with a 4 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM, boasting of a Kirin 710 octa-core processor. Weighing 173g, the device spots a 4000 mAH battery, which ensures 65 hours of music, 9 video hours as well as up to 52 hours of GSM calls. The device ranges from Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue and Aurora Purple colours.
The device has also got AI scenery recognition (HOTA), gesture photography, AR Lens, that is, equipped with inbuilt AI augmented reality lens. The Y9 phone has the ability to recognize in total of 22 scenes and as well tells what the name of the object under shot is. With a hand-held night mode, the device was built mainly for photography.
It optimizes the surrounding in 3 seconds during the night and gives the best shot needed. With its intelligent power saver mode, the device automatically closes certain apps that are not needed. The Y9 also has Gama Assistant 2.0 which gives a better performance and no resistance; better graphic display in 3D motion. Huawei Histen 5.0 provides a 3D immersive sound with surround. The Talk Easy feature optimizes the volume to fit the noise levels around and makes the voice more audible.
Speaking to JoyBusiness at the event, Marketing Manager for Huawei Ghana, Dennis Fixon Laryea, has urged smartphone lovers to purchase their phones and accessories from accredited retail centres. He believes this caution, if adhered to, could help avoid the chances of buying fake devices.
“I always want to advise you to buy from accredited shops because there’s working warranty for you, active service centre for you and loyalty when you buy from these very shops,” he said.
He has also urged Original Equipment Manufacturers (OMEs) to establish more service centres to curb the menace.
The launch featured raffle draws with three lucky attendees winning brand new Huawei Y9 smartphones. Compu Ghana, Telefonika, Melcom, Franko Trading Enterprise and other business partners were rewarded by Huawei Ghana for their dedicated partnership.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Factory pollution: EPA shuts down one factory, one other still operating
- Nominees for GUBA Awards USA 2019 announced
- Ghana Post GPS, McDan Shipping, Others honoured at Ghana Shippers Awards 2019
- Free Zones Authority holds 2019 investment promotion in China
- New Dubai Chamber website provides key business insights
- IMF places Ghana on Post Program Monitoring as debt reaches over $1bn
- New face of the Bank of England's £50 note is revealed
- Zimbabwe’s inflation hits 175% in June
- U.S. proposes barring big tech firms from offering financial services, digital currencies
- GT Bank named best bank in Africa at Euromoney Awards
- AfCFTA to create investment hub – Ofori-Atta
- Triciabiz launches online business school for African entrepreneurs
- Guinness launches ‘Y3n Nyin Mbom’ promo to boost customers’ profitability
- PZ Cussons launches season 2 of Baby Moments Competition
- Former staff of Heritage Bank accuse Receiver of cheating them on exit package