As part of the “See Ghana, Eat Ghana, Wear Ghana, Feel Ghana” campaign, Global Media Alliance (GMA) has introduced Drink Ghana at the launch of the Third Edition of the Ghana Beverage Awards (GBA).
Under the theme ‘Drink Ghana, Inspiring Excellence in Ghana’s Beverage industry’, this year’s Awards will promote especially local beverages with Drink Ghana.
Drink Ghana is part of efforts to complement the work of the Ghana Tourism Authority and Tourism Ministry in igniting the ‘’I am Ghanaian’’ spirit.
The launch saw the introduction of four additional categories into the awards scheme to honour more players in the beverage industry.
The new categories include; International Wine of the Year, International Beer of the Year, International Spirit of the Year and New Beverage of the Year.
The addition is to acknowledge the contribution of the foreign beverage market in refreshing Ghanaians as well as encourage strong and healthy multicultural relationships with our foreign counterparts.
The New Beverage of the Year Award goes to the latest brand in the year under review which is enjoying massive public appeal while adhering to high-quality standards.
Speaking at the launch of the 2018 Awards in Accra, the Chief Executive Officer of GMA, Ernest Boateng said, “this year’s Awards is keen to promote the efforts of the Small and Medium beverage Enterprises. We are looking at a future where indigenous beverages get the needed visibility or exposure they need to appeal to both the local and foreign market.”
The Ghana Beverage Awards is one platform that is taking on the responsibility of promoting local producer.
For her part, the Tourism Minister, Catherine Abelema Afeku who was the Special Guest of Honour, charged beverage companies to come up with innovative ways in which more traditional Ghanaian drinks like Asana, Sobolo and Palm Wine can be well packaged, branded and sold Internationally.
“We need to take our very best out of Ghana and share with the World what we enjoy most.”
She went ahead to add that the initiative to promote Drink Ghana could not have come at a better time.
The Ghana Beverage Awards is organized by Global Media Alliance. Supporting partners are the Food Research Institute (FRI) under CSIR, Ghana Tourism Authority and the Food and Beverage Association of Ghana.
Last year Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited bagged the ultimate award with Guinness Foreign Extra Stout adjudged Product of the Year and Beer of the Year. Other brands were rewarded on the night for their various specialities.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Airports Company considers reserving Terminal 2 for home-based carrier
- Gov't working to reduce aviation fuel, other airline taxes
- GNPC Foundation produces best ever local rice
- Good or bad? GUTA, AGI disagree on reduction of import duties
- Emirates rolls out special Easter menus
- Today's students are 'irrelevant' to tomorrow’s market - Ken Thompson
- Old Mutual Ghana rewards top performing staff with trip to Zaina Lodge
- Pay your taxes to ensure success of Ghana Beyond Aid policy – GRA official
- PDS blames GRIDco for Thursday’s intermittent power outages
- GRA to introduce electronic Vehicle Income Tax payment
- Aviation Ministry details why KIA is not for sale
- World's most miserable economy has seven-figure inflation
- Jumia listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- Ghana cuts its cocoa crop forecast due to plant disease
- Chinese Ambassador promises to make Central Region popular in China