Passion Air has announced it is suspending flight operations to Takoradi until further notice.
According to sources, this development has come about due to low passenger numbers on the route.
A statement from Passion Air explains that the Takoradi route is essentially a corporate route hence the airline will need to restructure its approach in order to allow it to make gains on the Takoradi route.
However, sources say the airline will resume scheduled flights to Takoradi after the restructuring.
In December, the company made an inaugural flight to Takoradi as it readies to commence scheduled flights to the region.
The new route was expected to bring to three the total destinations frequented by the airline since it commenced operations in August 2018.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Zimbabwe launches new, discounted currency as banks reopen
- MTN Group appoints Oyebowale Akideinde Head OTT Music Services
- Key Soap rewards loyal consumers at Promo Baako Pe 2018 grand finale
- Nigeria hits oil majors with billions in back taxes
- South Africa's Eskom bailout could reach $10.79 billion
- Financial Stability Advisory Council a step in the right direction - Banking consultant
- VIDEO: SONA 2019 - What President Akufo-Addo said on the economy
- Allow us to advertise – Medical directors urge regulator
- Anglogold Ashanti supports small scale industries with maiden trade show in Obuasi
- New Suzuki Ciaz, Suzuki Vitara models unveiled
- NCA revokes Expresso's operating licence
- ECG takeover to happen Feb. 27
- SONA 2019: Govt to launch National Automotive Policy in March
- Ghana needs $2bn agro, industry investment to stabilise cedi
- Jubilee House to be powered by Solar energy from August