The Executive Committee (“EXCO”) of CAF on Thursday held a meeting, chaired by President Dr Patrice Motsepe, in Algiers.
EXCO was updated about the recently signed Memorandum of Understanding (“MoU”) between CAF and the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (“SAFF”) and is excited about the huge potential of the mutual benefits between the parties.
The Executive Committee noted the progress that is being made in Cote d’Ivoire in preparations for the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations (“CAN”) Côte d’Ivoire 2023.
President Motsepe expressed his gratitude to the Côte d’Ivoire President Alassane Ouattara and Prime Minister Patrick Achi for the cooperation and commitment to ensuring that the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations Côte d’Ivoire 2023 is world class.
The EXCO announced that the Official Draw of the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations Côte d’Ivoire 2023 will be conducted on Thursday, 12 October 2023.
On the FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifiers, the Executive Committee approved the format, dates of the Qualifiers. The new format has been adapted in line with FIFA’s expanded FIFA World Cup format and will involve all the 54 Member Associations of CAF who will be divided into nine (9) Groups.
Winners of each Group will automatically qualify for the FIFA World Cup 2026. The four best runners-up (from the Groups) will play in a CAF Play-Off tournament. The winner (CAF Play-Off tournament) will play in the FIFA Play-off Tournament.
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- It’s tough without my dad – Akwaboah
- Florida: 13ft alligator killed after it was spotted with human remains in its mouth
- Alan Kyerematen, Sammy Gyamfi and others mourn with Kwame A Plus at late father’s funeral
- FDA sensitizes traders and patients on medicine adverse reactions
- Mohbad: Nigerian nurse association says health worker who treated late singer not registered
- Graduated students urged to keep developing their skills for success
- Building contractor accused of defiling his stepdaughter freed
- 21500 healthcare workers benefit from health workforce programme
- France to end its military presence in Niger by end of 2023 – Macron
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century