Change-makers in the country have been honoured at the maiden Humanitarian Awards Ghana.
The event, which was held at the plush Labadi Beach Hotel was to celebrate individuals who have impacted the lives of the less privileged, elderly and society at large.
The special guest of honour, Francisca Duncan Williams in her speech highlighted on the need for humanitarian works to support the less privileged and make this nation a better place.
She cautioned Ghanaians not to take the peace the country is enjoying for granted as the country elect a president and legislators on December 7.
She stressed that there is no substitute for peace and no one or group of persons should compromise that but rather hold it as something sacrosanct.
With a world-class setup to go with jaw-dropping performances from some of the country’s finest musicians, it was not only an event to honour wonderful individuals but a night to remember.
The stage was set ablaze by sterling performances by talents such as Dada Kwaku (Dada K), Gospel Ministers, Bernice Offei and Paa Sammy,.
There was also poetry recitals by Nakeeyat Dramani Sam aka Nakeeyat, Rhymesonny.
Comedians Hogan and Derrick Baah (Live Painting) was also on hand to wow the audience.
The event was hosted by two of Ghana’s top event hosts—Kwesi Akwatia and Eva Adonoo —who had such amazing chemistry on stage.
Honorary Award receivers include
Prof. Kofi Agyekum
Acting Dean, School of Performing Arts (SPA) University of Ghana, Legon.
Dr Ameena Ali
(Executive Director: women empowerment and development, International Human Rights Commission (IHRC))
Ibrahim Oppong Kwateng
(ExecutiveDirector, Crime Check TV
The Ambassador Extraordinaire of Ghana Prisons)
(CEO of GDA Media.
Multiple award-winning broadcast journalist and a well-respected motivational speaker.)
Jonathan Osei Owusu
(Executive Director: POS Foundation)
(Executive Director, Hope For Future Generations, Board Member: National Population Council)
(Executive Director, Voice Ghana)
(CEO, Restoration with Stacy)
(Founder: On the Road Social Development and Humanitarian Journalist)
(President of Richoff Disability Sport and Education Foundation and Ghana Amputees F. BL Club Association)
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- “I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
- NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
AABN donates 100 copies of entrepreneurship manual to DTI Community Innovation Business Community
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills
AUDA-NEPAD and Ecobank Group partnership moves to finance phase under the 100,000 MSMEs Initiative
“Let’s make Accra work”: Regional Minister and AMA remove illegal structures and encroachers on Graphic Road
Apart from assaulting Opare Addo, his privacy was invaded – Koku Anyidohu
Ghana’s corruption performance has been in decline since 2012 – Expert
39th IRAWMA: The winners, the African force, performances and special awardees
Mother of 6 murdered by unknown assailants
EC not to blame for violence, deaths during 2020 polls – Jean Mensa
Over 2,000 people to benefit from Waste Management System in Bechem
Nigerian political aide arrested in US for benefit fraud
Pfizer vaccine can now be stored in fridge for longer, EU drug regulator says
Full text: Jean Mensa’s address at IPAC workshop on 2020 elections
Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning