Renowned Ghanaian recording artist, Denning Edem Hotor, known by the stage name Edem, says he looks out for character when choosing to work with up and coming artists.
He made this assertion in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz after he was asked what he looks out for when choosing to work with upcoming artists.
In response, he emphasized “character” as a value he looks out for when recruiting emerging artists to work with.
According to him, “character” comes with determination to keep your eyes on the price no matter the hurdles you face on your way to the top in the music industry.
“If I want to fly with you, the first thing I look out for is character — that is what Hammer looks out for. The character to be able to be determined, be passionate, go through trying times and still have a tunnel vision of what you want to achieve and wanting it more than me,” he said.
He went on to say that some artists love music and would want to be successful, however, they tend to leave all the work on their team, which becomes a bane to others.
Rapper and singer Edem is currently on a radio tour for the promotion of his recently released single, “Ma Cherie”, which features Santrinos Raphael, from Togo.
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- List of key bondholders resisting Ken Ofori-Atta’s Domestic Debt Exchange
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Exclusive: IMF and Ghana expected to reach staff-level agreement by Tuesday – Sources
- Debt Exchange: Policy will collapse insurance industry – Seth Aklatsi
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: Hookups; the ‘online version’ of prostitution and how it operates in Ghana
- Trevor Noah bids ‘The Daily Show’ goodbye after 7 years
- Channel energy to vocational and technical education – KSTU alumni tells government
- Price of chicken now ¢70 – Poultry farmers
- 2022 World Cup: Brazil crash out on penalties as Croatia advance to semis
- Lands Minister reopens Accra Zoo to public
- You are causing ministers to create kingdoms in their ministries – Mahama tells Akufo-Addo
- Mahama lectures Academic City University College students on leadership
- GreenFaith launches a multi-faith, multi-stakeholder campaign to keep fossil fuels in the ground in Ghana
- ‘Reduce number of judges at Supreme Court’
- Our memories we shared will never fade – Okomfo Kolege to late wife
- PURC Ghana ranked 4th in Africa Electricity Regulatory Index (ERI) 2022
- Ofori-Atta has exposed himself to public ridicule – Editor of ABC News
- Failed censure motion missed chance to see Akufo-Addo’s true allegiance – Bobby Banson
- 10 signs you’re definitely not over your ex