The Chinese city of Shulan has been placed under lockdown after a rise in the number of new cases.
The city saw 11 new virus cases in the past day – all linked to an infected laundry woman, said state media.
The 45-year-old patient, who has infected her husband, sisters and some other family members, is said to have had no recent travel history.
All public places across the city have been shut and all residents told to stay at home. Public transport has been suspended and the city classified as high risk – the highest of a three-tier zoning system.
The new infection has set Chinese social media abuzz, with many speculating how the woman got infected. Others, claiming to be from Shulan, said they felt the virus “draws closer and closer each day”.
Shulan is in Jilin province, which sits on the border with North Korea, which claims to have no virus cases.
Many observers have accused the North of covering up an outbreak.
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Cedi to witness mixed performance this week
- Martin A.B.K. Amidu: Games in Parliament – Speaker and Minority’s motion of censure
- Five remanded over unlawful possession of police uniforms, weapons
- Actionaid Ghana raises concern over the continued reduction in kindergarten education budget
- 2023 Budget: Certain difficult choices have to be made – Prof. Turkson
- Elderly persons need sex too – Gynecologist
- Government must exempt health sector from public sector employment freeze – GMA
- 2022 FIFA WC: “No time for revenge, qualification is key” – Andre Ayew
- Lack of support affecting mental health conditions – MindFreedom Ghana
- Who determines what is critical in this country? – TUC on public sector employment freeze
- 2023 Budget: Today’s debate to focus on Trade, Energy, Communications and Roads
- TUC has never supported government going to the IMF – Joshua Ansah
- Court remands trader for defrauding entrepreneurs
- Manifestivities concert to make big return on December 18
- South African delegation to understudy Ghana’s small-scale mining sector
- Marriages are collapsing due to high cost of living – Dr Ato Forson