Members of the Civil and Local Government Staff Association of Ghana (CLOGSAG) say they will lay down their tools in two weeks if the government fails to rectify issues with their pension administration.
CLOGSAG is made up of twelve (12) labour unions, making it the country’s largest workforce.
The forum is made up of teachers unions GNAT, NAGRAT and the Coalition of Concerned Teachers Ghana, the Ghana Medical Association and many others working in key public institutions.
According to CLOGSAG’s Executive Secretary, Dr Isaac Bampoe Addo their Tier 2 pension contributions are being held illegally in the Public Sector Workers Employee’s Pension Scheme.
The association also alleges that ¢53 million has been siphoned from their members’ tier 2 pension contributions instead of transferring it to the workers’ desired pension manager, the Hedge Pensions Master Trust.
According to them, the administration of pensions in the public services is still plaguedion the administration of public
“To correct such a discrepancy, the workers have written to the management about their preference for the Hedge Pensions Master Trust occupational pension scheme established by CLOGSAG,” he added.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- Mahama calls for the intensification of stakeholder efforts, engagement on NACAP
- John Mahama recommends Public Funding of Political Parties Bill to regulate political financing
- Ghana Chamber of Mines censures Golden Star attacks, worried over upsurge of violence against mines
- Ex-President Kufuor urges his scholars to exhibit high levels of integrity
- Boris Johnson clashes with MPs over Partygate denials
- U.S. launches 5-year $5 million patnership with NHIA to improve quality of healthcare, digitisation, and access
- Bolt donates to 2 institutions as part of CSR activities
- North Dayi health directorate holds 2022 annual performance review meeting
- Livestream: PM Express discusses EC’s neutrality
- FWSC working on linking salary to productivity – Benjamin Arthur
- ECG doesn’t have means to prove power theft – Lawyer
- Endeavour to build quality homes – GREDA to members
- Poverty is our enemy; peace and development are our objectives -VP Bawumia
- Alan pays for printing of albums for 200,000 delegates
- Joy Prime premieres new telenovela ‘The Rich Also Cry’ on April 3, 2023