Minority spokesperson on Finance, Dr. Anthony Akoto Osei says parliament will invite Communication Minister, Dr. Omane Boamah, to respond to details of a report about the non-deployment of an electronic monitors used by telecom companies to monitor revenue collection.
The Commissioner General of the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) has come under public pressure to resign following allegations of corruption leveled against the Authority over a contract signed with private firm, SUBHA Info Solutions.
Dr. Akoto Osei, however, told Joy News that those accusing the commissioner must prove their allegations against him.
”If there is evidence that he has done something untoward then we should take him through the normal system but if not we should just use allegations to prosecute", he noted.
According to Dr. Akoto Osei, going by what the commissioner said, the GRA sought approval from the Minister of Finance, whom it reports to, and further questioned why the commissioner is being asked to resign from his position.
"There is a GRA board and they report to the minister of finance. After all, if what I heard is true, in terms of what the commissioner is saying, they sought approval from the minister of finance so why are we targeting the head of the commissioner general of GRA", he noted.
He therefore cautioned that care should be taken to avoid personalizing the issues.
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- Attack on Golden Star Wassa: Company suspends operation at Benso site
- After standoff and brief suspension, Parliament regroups to vote on new appointees
- Black Stars Playbook: The Stars struggle to align in Chris Hughton’s first game
- NPP using ‘useless’ tactics to delay voting on ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- How to look chic and modest in a scarf
- Medikal raps better than most of the female rappers except me – Eno Barony
- I wanted something that reflected Africa – Sheryl Lee Ralph on why she wore kente to NAACP
- ICGC’s CT Praise to drop ‘Lala Dance Medley’ ahead of The Encounter album
- Pregnant mother’s death in Oti Region island community sparks healthcare concern
- Esmond Quansah: Lead pollution, Ghana’s ticking time-bomb
- Support Ghana’s Efforts to Restore Debt Sustainability – IMF to Bilateral Creditors
- We’re making progress towards securing a deal with China – Ofori-Atta
- Chamber of Mines appeals to government to protect mining firms
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Be Cautious in Making Financial Decisions in Times of Uncertainty – SIMS