A man is said to have recovered from the Kumasi South Hospital, where he had been placed under quarantine after he tested positive for the new coronavirus.
The unidentified man is seen in a video circulating on social media, walking out from the holding centre with a paper in his hand, while friends embrace him with warm hugs.
He tested negative to the virus also known as COVID-19 and has been discharged to be monitored from home, a highly-placed source told Myjoyonline.com.
Health officials say they cannot call it total recovery because the man has not yet passed the mandatory 28-days period after which he would be declared fully fit, the source added.
He was the only one on admission at Kumasi South Hospital, one of the isolation centres in the Ashanti Region which is also a treatment centre for COVID-19.
The number of coronavirus cases in Ghana has significantly shot up to 93, as of Wednesday, March 25, according to reports.
The unconfirmed reports also claimed one more person died on Wednesday, bringing to four the number of persons who have died after testing positive for the virus.
- Photos of Kamala Harris visit to Ghana
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- Playback: Kamala Harris meets Akufo-Addo
- Meet Jon Boafo, Ghana’s first international rower: A story of perseverance and dedication
- Economic activity contracts but consumer confidence improves – BoG
- British Council builds network for UK-Ghanaian students to access employable opportunities
- NPA boss calls on National Chief Imam
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Black kids in England 6 times more likely to be strip-searched by police
- Debt servicing relief: China pledges to support Ghana
- U.S government to send resident advisor to help Ghana attain debt sustainability
- The Texas preacher’s $24m Ponzi scheme
- Take advantage of digital tools to win in the age of the entrepreneur – UMB CEO urges graduates
- Ghanaian Farmer TV host attends Climate Change and Agriculture Conference in South Africa
- Elon Musk: Twitter says parts of source code leaked online
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Prince Harry and Elton John appear at High Court in Associated Newspapers hearing
- The 3 MPs who missed out on voting during approval of ministerial nominees