A Sekondi magistrate court has sentenced Yaw Kudagari, a 20-year-old unemployed, to six months imprisonment in hard labour for stealing a mobile phone valued at 200 Ghana cedis.
He pleaded guilty.
Assistant Superintendent of Police Richard Boatey old the court that Kudagari visited Mr Prosper Negle on October 29 and stole the phone placed on a refrigerator.
He said when Mr Negle detected that the phone had been stolen he asked the convict if he taken it but he denied knowledge of it.
When Kudagari’s room was searched the phone was found in a bag and he was arrested and handed over to the police.
Mr Boatey said the accused admitted the offence in his caution statement.
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- Finance Minister to announce 5-member committee as part of moves to protect financial system
- ‘They were cheering him’ – Okraku-Mantey on Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival
- Cocoa farmers threaten to ‘smuggle’ product to Ivory Coast if produce price is not increased
- ‘Impugning the motives of Judges is actually undermining integrity of Judiciary’ – Judges and Magistrates Association
- Kirani Ayat responds to the Ghana Tourism Authority over copyright claims
- Full text: Ken Ofori-Atta’s statement on state of the economy
- Credit purchase challenges with prepaid metres being fixed – ECG
- Ghana will transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy by 2070 – Bawumia
- 11 in 11 years: Hearts of Oak coaches axed under Togbe Afede XIV
- Government created 5.3 million jobs in 4 years – Wireko-Brobby
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- We’ll probe accusations against salt mining company in Ketu South – Regional Minister
- It will be magic for government to secure IMF deal before 2023 budget – Ato Forson
- Diana Hamilton shuts down Dominion Centre in London
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Nord Stream: Sweden finds new leak in Russian gas pipeline
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- Coolio: Michelle Pfeiffer and Snoop Dogg lead tributes to Gangsta’s Paradise rapper
- 12 persons arrested in Nalerigu over Gamabaga clash
- GFA suspends AshantiGold SC for dealing with banned club president and son
- Commercial banks support BoG decision to deny Mobile Money loan defaulters access to future credit
- Religious leaders demand a Non-Proliferation Treaty on fossil fuels now
- Trade Ministry reiterates commitment to promoting intra-Africa trade
- Indian Official mocks schoolgirl’s sanitary pad request