Ghanaian defender Joseph Attamah Larweh has tested positive for Covid-19, becoming the seventh Black Stars player after recent international friendlies.
Joy Sports sources have confirmed that Attamah, who plays for Turkish club, Kayserispor, tested positive last Friday.
He is expected to isolate for 10 days and tests negative before returning to training.
The centre-back cum defensive midfielder was handed a late call-up for the games against Mali and Qatar. He, however, did not feature in any of the games.
The 26-year-old is the seventh player but ninth member of the Black Stars contingent to contract the deadly virus.
Jordan Ayew, Bernard Mensah, Gideon Mensah, Kasim Nuhu, Caleb Ekuban and Joseph Aidoo are the other players.
Many believe the Malian game should have been cancelled after it was confirmed that four players of the Eagles had tested positive.
The Ghana Football Association (GFA) insists they adhered to all safety protocols, before during and after the games.
- #FixTheCountry protestors counter injunction with #NameAndShame campaign on social media
- I had sex with a goat, masturbated 6 times a day – Male victim of sexual abuse recounts
- Mahama Ayariga acquitted, Opuni ordered to open his defence
- Methodist Church stands by its objection to GES directive to let Muslim students fast – Bishop of Northern Accra Diocese
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- Missing ‘okada’ rider found dead in the bush
- Keep an eye on househelps to curb sexual abuse – Victim of child defilement advises parents
- NSMQ 2021: 3-man Sandema SHTS team without supporters, books place in final U/E qualifiers
- He blocked me just a day after we had sex – Lady recounts
FanMilk launches NutriDay zinc fortified yoghurt
Software developer volunteers to teach youth programming
Libya: Gunmen storm hotel used as Presidential Council HQ
Covid-19: Roll-out for second doses to begin May 19
Over 130 injured as Palestinian worshippers clash with Israeli police at Al-Aqsa mosque
Stephen Bernard Donkor: Politicians must fix their attitudes
Pensioner in BBC Africa Eye film dies without pension
Christ Embassy Church members plead not guilty to breaching restrictions on public gathering
Livestream: Newsfile discusses #FixTheCountry brouhaha; Muslim students not allowed to fast in public Christian school
Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
WHO approves Chinese Covid vaccine
Ghana to become hub of pharmaceutical production in SSA; sales forecast to hit GH¢2.86bn
Young African entrepreneurs to maximize benefits from AfCFTA
Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
Health Directorate initiate moves to improve health care delivery at Ada West