The Ghana Covid-19 Private Sector Fund (GCPS Fund) has announced its decision to commence a vaccine procurement project.
The project which has been dubbed, the PVAX Project seeks to procure and deploy Covid-19 vaccines for up to 20 per cent of the country’s eligible population in support of Government’s vaccination programme.
According to a statement issued by the Fund said it has “partnered with government to assist in the procurement of Covid-19 vaccines through the World Health Organisation, the GAVI Vaccine Alliance and the COVAX platform.”
This, it explained is “for the deployment of vaccines to persons in Ghana including workers, their dependants and the poor and vulnerable in society.”
Among others, the PVAX Project also aims to support government in sensitizing the public to clear myths and doubts surrounding the newly developed vaccine.
Following this, the Ghana Covid-19 Private Sector Fund called on all well-meaning Ghanaians to donate to the course.
“…Visit our website at www.ghanacovid19fund.com to register their interest to participate in the project and indicate the number of persons whose vaccination they wish to donate towards.”
The Ghana Covid-19 Private Sector Fund was established in March 2020 to provide private sector-led not-for-profit interventions to support the government and citizens in the fight against Covid-19.
Over the past year, they have successfully rolled out five major interventions through projects including the construction of a 100-bed capacity modern Infectious Disease Centre and the provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Covid-19 test kits worth ¢11.1 million to hospitals and laboratories in the country.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Cristina Fernández: Argentina vice-president found guilty of corruption
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.
- Good Shepherd R/C JHS wins Junior Science and Maths Quiz 2022
- Masantewaa Emporium represents Ghana at Runway Dubai
- Ghana Muslim Mission commissions clinic for residents at Korle-Gonno
- Delay in speech development in children can be genetic – Speech therapist
- Tanzania to spend cash on schools instead of independence day
- Security guard gunned down on Tarkwa-Banso road
- Brosankro-Aprakukrom Murder: Bereaved families appeal to IGP
- Prices of hair extensions up as festive season nears