Joe Biden has flown on a plane with a crew member who later tested positive for Covid-19, his campaign has said.
His team confirmed that the Democratic presidential candidate was not in close contact with the person and will not need to self-isolate for this reason.
In a statement posted on Twitter, Mr Biden said: “During our contact tracing, we discovered around noon today that a member of the company that charters my airplane has also tested positive for Covid.”
He said the crew member was “more than 50 feet away” and both had been wearing masks.
Mr Biden added that he had tested negative for Covid-19 on Wednesday night.
At least three people connected to the Democratic presidential campaign have tested positive for coronavirus, leading vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris to suspend in-person events until Monday.
The campaign announced two positive cases on Thursday morning – Ms Harris’ communications director Liz Allen and an unnamed crew member on one of Ms Harris’ recent campaign trips.
A third case was found as part of contact tracing efforts from the first two cases.
In a swipe at rival Donald Trump, Ms Harris said the Democratic campaign’s response to the positive tests “obviously stands in stark contrast to you-know-who”.
The US president tested positive for coronavirus two weeks ago and was admitted to hospital.
But since then, he has claimed to have “immunity” from coronavirus and a felt “protective glow” after being given the all-clear by White House medical staff.
He has been out on the campaign trail again, holding large rallies in North Carolina and Iowa.
Mr Trump has repeatedly mocked Mr Biden over his cautious reaction to the pandemic, berating him during the presidential debate for wearing a mask.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
Protect your rich cultural heritage – France Ambassador to Ghana tells Ghanaians
Naomi Campbell, 50, welcomes first child
Bright Philip Donkor: Ejura prison; The Church of Pentecost is a first class cooperate citizen
Residents of Abrokyire carry woman in labour on wooden door due to poor road
Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
Good governance hinges on the rule of law – NCCE
10 year old boy dies after eating poisoned khebab meant for woman’s ex-lover
My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
Ex-Doe and I got rich because of our beef – Rapper Chicago
6,000 university staff workers lay down tools
AABN donates 100 copies of entrepreneurship manual to DTI Community Innovation Business Community
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills
AUDA-NEPAD and Ecobank Group partnership moves to finance phase under the 100,000 MSMEs Initiative
“Let’s make Accra work”: Regional Minister and AMA remove illegal structures and encroachers on Graphic Road